not getting along with everyone, sadly

SweetLadyMell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi all,

So, this week, I sadly had a run in with some kids using weapons in a sandbox...after I asked them to not shoot at me...(did not know they could hear so I shouted, perhaps that was a trigger) I got lectured about how "my type of people were the ones that ruiened SL and..", well, that kinda speech.

So, I muted them...

Now, I'm curious about this. If I mute them, the avis become invisible, great, but, is all interaction stopped? What if I'm at the same place? can they "perceive" me? could I build in the sandbox as if in a parrallel universe? or would they see/notice my stuff?

thanks

Melissa

xxx

PS - I hate not getting along with people...

when you block/mute another person you cant see them. They can still see you tho

getting shot in public sandboxes, rezzed on top of, etc does happen in the public sandboxes now and again as you mention

+

is quite a number of private sandboxes on the grid. Most of them pretty empty, pretty much all the time. Specially the RL university sims, which you can find in the Search  

You can't get along with everyone. Shooting at random people is considered griefing, so they were in the wrong to start with (assuming they were shooting at you, and not just in your general direction without  noticing you were there, or something.)

They will be able to see you, and to see what you build. They won't be able to interact with what you build unless you allow them to. They can stand in it, I suppose, but just ignore them. It should be easy, since you can't see or hear them!

If it really bothers you, rez a simple platform. Sit on it, then edit it to around 2000 feet. Then you can build on that platform, and they'll have to hunt you down deliberately in order to interact with anything you build up there. 

I occasionally had similar issues when I first started building, you need to build in a better moderated sandbox area that dosn't allow weapons/spam if you do not like that sort of thing, a good place would be builders brewery for example.

(you need to join the group to build there)

have fun :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.