Ask the CEO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Wolf Eriksen Yes, it does mean that. Their answer I'm hearing is: let some big land baron who can buy up 4 large sims string them together and create that illusion of a contiguous world you seek, it's on them, not us. And people like you may be satisfied with that, but maybe not. I think one day of roaming through Ansheland or some stamped-out set of landscape with no variety or spontaneity or difference or serendipty because it's all controlled by one mind will leave people wanting to go back to the old SL, as laggy or difficult as it might be for vehicles.

The railroads and roads were upgraded merely as a load test, I'm told, not for its own sake and not for the customers' enjoyment. There's only a niche that does enjoy them.

As for foreign language capacity, the Lindens used to maintain a German welcome area and put a good deal of staff time and investment in foreign language adaptation. They dumped all that when they closed their British and Dutch offices (and was there another one in Singapore?).

@Qie Niangao as I'm seeing it, the need for "always on" for a rental baron to pass on to his customers, because Ebbe has said that "always on" will require more payment (to run sims "hot" as he put it) means all but the most wealthy hobbiest or tech barons with other businesses besides SL/Sansara will be able to play. The Lab isn't going to pass on "always on" through to a second set of customers.

@Theresa Tennyson -- I don't need a lecture about the "architecture" of Second Life -- look at my avatar's age. And I think you yourself need to read up more of the history.

The founders of SL lasted only very briefly with the "combat simulation" and blowing up stuff. Philip wanted people to populate his social as well as tech experiment and you couldn't get them with a world that technically couldn't compete

Philip made a conscious decision in 2004 to deliberately appeal to land sales as a model and the selling of the "product" of the "inworld economcy" (not even in quotes to them at the time) to get more people to participate and spend money -- to have a stake. He went from speaking of "Buzz," the land lord who would pick up newbies at the infohub and show them pretty lakeside development tracts to telling the oldbies that bought into this vision that they might have a prospectors' shack on the virtual landscape some day but they'd have to leave even that if they wanted to go to the Next Big Thing. Philip himself actually hated land as a commodity and wanted it to be stamped out with a standard $5/meter sale value built into the tools so that it could never acquire value via development.

He then switched to perceiving the possibilities of adding content to land like a jewel to a setting and making themes or costly homes or whatever the cash cow to sell islands -- which he once abhorred.

The "sim on demand" and "portal" model is an old VW geek dream from the 1990s that long predated Second Life's technology and they are bringing it back in the hopes that now it will be more technically supportable and desirable. Both of these models don't make for real-life versimilitude which is what people value.

The Lindens may pragmatically look at their customer base and see that the vast majority live in skyboxes, on the one hand, or tend pets on farms on the other, and don't ever leave their estate or socialize outside a tiny group of friends, perhaps only one sexual partner and a few girlfriends to go shopping with. So they reason that they shouldn't lay on all this geographical simulation just for a small percentage of users.

But I predict that at some point they and the beta testers will realize how cramped the portal and sim-on-demand model is even for sales, let alone ideology. There was a reason why it was superceded by LL in the early 2000s.

People who briskly tell you that it's silly to waste CPU on "always on" sims may have forgotten that the rest of the 2-D Internet doesn't work that way. It's not like amazon.com only comes up to be viewed by me when I click on it, and remains dormant the rest of the time.

Your analogy doesn't work because it isn't people from the Moon moving to Earth where there is air; it's people from Earth where there is air moving to the Moon, where the air of geographical contiguity and always-on that they took for granted and partook of in some respect or another is now completely gone.

I suspect answering time is over. It is when clients start replying instead of Staff.

On Sansar. From what I read and understand land is not an asset anymore. There is no land in Sansar as we know it from Second Life. The word Spaces has been used a few times and I think that is the best analogy. No map, but access from, for instance, the picks of a client. The space is an asset in the inventory of a client, it can be one space, several spaces and spaces of several residents can be combined to for one shared space.

For that it can't be compared with Second Life, as there is no "real" land ownership, as there is no land.

Linden Lab has the intention to create sort of a minimalistic shared Linden Lab owned continent where people can meet and tell others how great their *space* is and invite others to look at it.

I have no idea what benefits paid clients will have. I have no idea how LL will make a profit but taxes on sales will be a safe bet as not many are able to create content for the spaces.

The spaces won't be simulated continually. Simulation starts when someone enters the space.

It is good that LL has no intention to stop Second Life since I suspect not many of the current userbase will want to move. However I expect there is a market for the spaces as they will be faster and won't suffer form sim crossings (as there are none). Creators can make games, airports and airways, Islands and boat routes. Experiences that will be worth a visit.

I expect that a space owner can ask a fee from the visitor, 15 minutes free and then 1L$ each 10 minutes, and LL can tax that.

Second Life is land based, Sansar will be experience based. Something like that, I guess, I think.

eta, typo corrected

Ebbe Linden wrote:

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

I've got the impression that the whole idea of region crossings would be alien to this new platform.

That is probably where some of the anxiety about a mainland kind of experience comes from. While seamless crossings have obviously been too problematic to try again any time soon, some kind of way to smooth over the edges, something like a fog or tunnel you can walk (or riode a vehicle) through to get between experiences that want to allow that, might go some way toward keeping that kind of imersion alive.

Will Sansar be able to suport something like that?

Something like this is what we have in mind. 

Can you be more explicit about how this will work? I have seen stargates on a sim transposrt a space ship 1000m up in the air. The same idea can fairly seamlessly move a motor vehicle around a sim (so long as the script can be added to the car). With experiences and larger km sized sims this would be great for land vehicles, but what about aircraft and sailing ships or when you want to travel across a sim border without going through a tunnel...boats and airplanes in particular can't be driven in to tunnels without losing the immersion, or sense of being in the same place as before.

With sims the size you are talking can't their be a zone of 100 or 50m around the edges in which the two servers can negotiate the hand over between sims.... such that the original sim handles the vehicles position, until such a time as the second sim is synchronised and then it hands over and the illusion of a seamless transition between sims is maintained for the person?

Whilst the number of people owning land with protected access to the sea in SL may be small (because of limited availability and the high costs) there are a lot of people come from their private sims to enjoy sailing and exploring mainland. It is hard to say how many, but nearly everyone I know has at least one boat or has enjoyed being a passenger.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

Medhue, I was just admiring your cross animations again the other day, remember you made those for me?

Of course, I remember.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

So your notion that your goods are in short supply because your skills aren't replicable (ask the Luddites how that concept worked!) may hold for a while but will collapse, either due to copybotting or the "iron age" of mesh mass production.

But at first -- for months -- a year? there will be a huge rush of people who spend like people always spend at carnivals.

Well, I don't much worry about such things. Yes, markets are constantly changing, but so do the people. There are literally hundreds of different thing a 3D creator could do with their skills. Even when everything becomes 3D scanned, there still needs to be someone knowledgable to take that model and make it workable inside a 3D environment. We are still a long way away from mesh mass production, especially when it comes to avatars, which is really my specialty.

Prokofy Neva wrote:

You can claim altruism that you have to worry if your customers are taxed too heavily  it will be bad for business. But you know in reality people will buy like drunken sailors on leave, especially animations and gestures.

My observations on the matter have nothing at all to do with altruism. On the contrary, it is completely selfish. The good things is that my selfishness perfectly aligns with everyone else's interests, including LL's. The only people's selfishness that doesn't align with anyone else's interests, is LL's selfishness. They fail to see the imperical facts around sales taxes. They don't understand economics enough to know this is not in their best interests.

Most of the other things you bring up, I pretty much agree with.

Lastly, I just want to point out, that as merchants, we aren't even allowed to post new products in the forums, despite the fact that every single 3D marketplace does allow merchants to post products in their forums, and actively encourages it. In contrast, Land owners are allowed to post in the forums. So, the privileged class in SL are the land owners, not the merchants. To LL, we have no say at all, which is the reason their content creation system is so messed up. LL obviously doesn't understand the importance of creators, and I seriously doubt they will be vastly different in Sansara. Heck, they want to steal from us by taxing. They really just want to use us. It's also obvious in the first people they are letting into Sansara, which are likely their buddies. They don't seem to understand that the vast majority of creators use Blender, not Maya. Again, I will predict that LL will have massive problem with their initial Sansara avatar rig, because Maya rigs aren't fully compatible in Blender. All Blender rigs are perfectly compatible in Maya tho. So, if LL developed the platform for Blender users, everything would inherently work in Maya also, but not the other way around.

I really, really wasn't going to do my Bitchy Builder Babe routine in this particular thread but then Medhue wrote two really good posts I just have to comment on ;)

MedhueSimoni wrote
I guess you can say the 3D artists are privileged, but that would be because there are so few of us, compared to the rest of the community. Our value is enhanced because there is a shortage.

No shortage of people who can do clumsy upload of meshes they "found" on the Internet though. Nor are we running out of people who can buy full perm stuff and add some quick-and-dirty textures to them. ;)

Medhue Simoni wrote

As a merchant, I have no problem at all giving more money to LL, as long as they give me more of the things I need to generate more wealth.

That's one of the key points of course. If you're a professional or semi-professional content creator, it doesn't really matter how much you have to pay. What matters is the cost-to-quality ratio. Offer content creators better service and you can safely increase your charges.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

They really just want to use us. It's also obvious in the first people they are letting into Sansara, which are likely their buddies. They don't seem to understand that the vast majority of creators use Blender, not Maya. Again, I will predict that LL will have massive problem with their initial Sansara avatar rig, because Maya rigs aren't fully compatible in Blender.

I make houses and landscape details so I don't know anything about rigging. To me mesh is mesh no matter what software it was made with.

But when I look at the new content LL has introduced recently: We have those miserable mesh avatars newcomers are tricked into wearing (as if they didn't have enough problems already), we have those premium membership gifts who regularly become laughing stocks among serious builders, we have that full sim catalog of how-not-to-make-mesh promoted as the Home of the Moles. And of course it's the countless JIRAs where the LIndens assigned don't seem to be able to grasp even the most fundamental aspects of mesh making.

It's not all bad. The relatively new Welcome Islands are solid, competent builds, whoever was in charge of the new portal park seems to have known enough to buy the good stuff and looking at the the recent builds at Linden Village it seems at least some Lindens know how to buy quality for their own personal inworld homes.

It's bad enough though. Are the people responsible for those miseries the ones who are laying down the premises for content creation in Sansar? That does not bode well for that new world. :(

ChinRey wrote:

I make houses and landscape details so I don't know anything about rigging. To me mesh is mesh no matter what software it was made with.

But when I look at the new content LL has introduced recently: We have those miserable mesh avatars newcomers are tricked into wearing (as if they didn't have enough problems already), we have those premium membership gifts who regularly become laughing stocks among serious builders, we have that full sim catalog of how-not-to-make-mesh promoted as the Home of the Moles. And of course it's the countless JIRAs where the LIndens assigned don't seem to be able to grasp even the most fundamental aspects of mesh making.

I think we can all safely assume that the person who made those mesh avatars is 1 of those people they are inviting into Sansar, and they likely used Maya to make them. The meshes are fine, but the rigging shows a serious lack of understanding of the SL skeleton, and rigging humans in general. Overall, the weights are not good, and many of them are obviously terrible in the armpits, which are ridiculous. The werewolf has a vertice on his back that pokes out a couple feet, with some animations. How does a professional miss this, with professional software? None of those mesh avatars have working eyes. Why? Did the creator not understand how to rig eyes. All my avatars have working eyes and there is nothing special about eyes. None of the avatars have a working jaw. All of my avatars have working jaws, because I use the skull bone, which is an extra bone, as the jaw bone. This is not magic.

So, what do you think the chances are that LL will get this right? They didn't even have the knowledge to see the problems in their own avatars that they had created and released. With Blender's tools, and the Avastar addon, it's nearly impossible to get weights that bad, especially in the armpits. I also use Avastar's features to help me rig characters for other platforms, like Unity.

Thank you for filling in the details, Medhue. I just knew what's plain for anybody to see, that something went horribly wrong when those avatars were made.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

So, what do you think the chances are that LL will get this right?

Since you put it that way...

It's obvious that somebody with a little bit of power has realized the problem and is trying to do something about it. I mentioned the Premium gifts and I thnk we should remember that LL did actually make a bona fide attempt to fix the worst diaster, that horrendous airship, and since then they seem to have tried to stick to more basic, simple builds more suitable for their skill level. And if I remember correctly, Ebbe Linden mentioned that they are working on a new beginner avatar.

It's slow going though. How do you tell somebody who's proud to be a master of his field that sorry, you're just a novice really. You and I, we can say it right out but somebody with responsibility has to be a bit more diplomatic about it and that means it'll take a lot longer for the bad news to sink in.

What do I think the chances are that LL will get this right? All things considered, somewhere between 60 and 70 percent

ChinRey wrote:

Since you put it that way...

It's obvious that somebody with a little bit of power has realized the problem and is trying to do something about it. I mentioned the Premium gifts and I thnk we should remember that LL did actually make a bona fide attempt to fix the worst diaster, that horrendous airship, and since then they seem to have tried to stick to more basic, simple builds more suitable for their skill level. And if I remember correctly, Ebbe Linden mentioned that they are working on a new beginner avatar.

It's slow going though. How do you tell somebody who's proud to be a master of his field that sorry, you're just a novice really. You and I, we can say it right out but somebody with responsibility has to be a bit more diplomatic about it and that means it'll take a lot longer for the bad news to sink in.

What do I think the chances are that LL will get this right? All things considered, somewhere between 60 and 70 percent

That's good that they are listening, but this is also why I've been trying to convince Ebbe that strictly letting Maya users in first is going to lead to problems down the line. Problems that will slow the whole process down. They trusted in 1 person to make those avatars right, again likely a friend of someone, not a strictly business relationship. They need many eyes and professionals evaluating things, not just a few. My customers don't have any problem at all telling me where I went wrong, and that's because they aren't my friends. That is not a bad thing at all, although it might hurt a little, but that is a big part of growing and getting better.

On a side note, I don't want people to think I'm some kind of a hard a$$. People that I work with and help see a much different side of me. Heck, even with this game I'm developing, my partners picked me to lead the project, cause I'm very good at communicating the issues and working together to sort them out. I do tend to be much more critical and obnoxious with LL, because they are like talking to a wall. Plus, I am their customer, and I really don't feel like 1, the way they handle things. On top of that, I keep hearing Ebbe and others at the Lab saying things like we are hobbyists, or that Blender is not used by professionals. This very much does get under my skin, because what I see from SL creators are that many of them are very knowledgable creators that are very much professionals. And.......Blender, in so many ways, blows Maya out of the water.

Vick Forcella wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

So, what do you think the chances are that LL will get this right?

None. It's my guess LL will let creators make rigging, of any lifeform you can imagine.

For (clothing) creators though I hope LL will create a *good* standard avatar.

Well, we need fully custom rigs, for exactly what you stated. That said, there is no point in everyone uploading their own humanoid rig. Not just for clothing, but for everything that is related to human avatars, meaning animation, gestures, voice controlls that animate you, and so on. If we don't have 1 rig that we are all building off of, then we'll have a very fragmented system and market, worse than we are dealing with mesh avatars today. I'd also suggest that LL make it so that we have a default human NPC rig, that works with all animations from the avatar rig.

I did see Ebbe say something about the default avatar that makes it seem like he is better understanding the issues with a default avatar, and all the options that people might want. Again tho, how do they plan on making that happen. Of course, I have my own thoughts on those things, and I have explained them extensively in the forums ever since we found out about Sansar.

MedhueSimoni wrote
On top of that, I keep hearing Ebbe and others at the Lab saying things like we are hobbyists...

Hmmm, I've never heard that nor have I ever thought in that direction. It would explain quite a lot though if their view on SL content creators is that far off the mark.

Vick Forcella wrote:

It's my guess LL will let creators make rigging, of any lifeform you can imagine.

You don't have to guess there. LL has stated that they will eventually open up for custom rigging. But not right from the start, and that is important.

When LL launched Second Life all those years ago, they had some very good content creators working for them. These people were able to give good advice how to choose and develop the most efficient tools possible with the technology available at that time, they made a high quality basic set of items for the world, they were able to give the content creators good and relevant advice and they set a high standard to aspire to. I'm convinced that one of the main reason Second Life became such a success is that it had such a great starting point content wise.

Later the Moles came along, enthusiastic, skilled, underpaid semi-professionals who did a great job building SL's infrastructure and also some of the finest gems even in today's SL.

But the content Lindens are long gone. And the Mole force has been reduced to a skeleton crew. The few who remain are still able to build just as well as they used to but they seem to have lost the enthusiasm and, even worse, they seem stuck in the Early Sculpt Age and are completely lost when confronted with mesh or normal maps or specular maps or any of those other new fancy things that didn't exist back in their heydays.

There doesn't seem to be any Eric Call or Cory Ondrejka at hand to help LL develop Sansar. Nor to help them develop SL either for that matter - if there was a list of the 1000 best Second Life content creators of 2015, there wouldn't be a single person officially associated with Linden Lab on it. Asking a Linden for advice about building today is like asking your beloved elementary school kid brother to help you with your college homework.

For a long time LL didn't realize this. They sincerely believed they were on top of it. It's only a year or two ago when it seems it finally began to dawn on them how far behind they actually were. It might have been the new CEO who came in and saw things with fresh eyes, it might have been some failures (such as the airship and the newcomer avatars) that were so spectacular the issue simply couldn't be ignored anymore. Most likely it was a combination of the two.

In any case, they seem to have reluctantly begun to recognise the problem now, and that is of course the first step to solving it. What we don't know is how far they've come. They may still be struggling to cope with this new realisation or they may already have come far enough they've brought in the expertise they've so desperately needed for so long. I still have enough faith in them I give them better than even odds they'll manage to get their act together in time for Sansar but not much better without further information.

ChinRey wrote:

MedhueSimoni wrote
On top of that, I keep hearing Ebbe and others at the Lab saying things like we are hobbyists...

Hmmm, I've never heard that nor have I ever thought in that direction. It would explain quite a lot though if their view on SL content creators is that far off the mark.

Most SL creators are hobbyists, or at hobbyist level in skill.  I truly don't mean that as a criticism.  It's great that we have a platform where people like me can feel comfortable and even do well without having the skills that would be expected of a professional.  And, of course, a few have gained enough confidence while creating for SL to advance to an impressive level.  

When it comes to the Moles . . . I'm curious, have you visited the Portal Park, Cornfield or Winter Wonderland builds?

BlueTrianon wrote:

Most SL creators
are
hobbyists, or at hobbyist level in skill.  I truly don't mean that as a criticism.  It's great that we have a platform where people like me can feel comfortable and even do well without having the skills that would be expected of a professional.  And, of course, a few have gained enough confidence while creating for SL to advance to an impressive level.  

When it comes to the Moles . . . I'm curious, have you visited the Portal Park, Cornfield or Winter Wonderland builds?

It is true that many creators are hobbyists, but many of us are also professionals, or became professionals because of SL. Yeah, I'm probably just a bit overly sensitive about it, and it's just words to describe a huge chunk of creators. That said, LL shouldn't make it appear that it's only hobbyists. Me, I'd be stressing more how creative people have turned creation in SL into a career. Drax does a good job of this, and I'm happy that LL is utilizing him.

ChinRey wrote:

There doesn't seem to be any Eric Call or Cory Ondrejka at hand to help LL develop Sansar. Nor to help them develop SL either for that matter -

Of course, when I first found SL, I had little to no 3D experience at all, other than creating a few MODs with the CryEngine Editor in the game Far Cry. My background is actually fine arts. When I saw that we could make animations, and there were free tools, I leaped at it and sold my first animation by the end of my first week in SL. The more and more I learned about the animation system, the more I realized just how ingenius it is. Even now, after doing animation fulltime for over 8 years and creating for every single platform out there, I marvel at the genius in SL's animation system. This is why I've bitched at LL for years to fix the problems. When you look at everything involved, from the priority system, to isolating bones, to the gesture system, to voice and speech gestures, to all the different embedded animations, it's mind boggling to think a couple guys thought this all up. I could go on and on about it. Like I said, even today, there is nothing out there that compares to this. Most are very basic. Even Unity's mecanim system isn't as capable as what we have in SL. I really don't think it is even possible to out do it in Sansar, at least, not without some seriously professional animators directing the development.

I remember being at the mesh development meeting and wondering why the Lindens weren't wearing any meshes. When all the crap went down about the Mesh Deformer, and LL just kept saying they weren't getting enough meshes to test with, I kind of lost it. You can't develop something like a Mesh Deformer, and actually know what is the problem by getting meshes from people and listening to what they say. What if they are wrong? What if they all suck at weight painting? You have to have a professional that knows exactly what they are doing, and directing how it should work, and evaluating it. You can't know from a mesh you didn't create, nor rig. All the problems could be the creator's fault. It was then I realized, this is fricken nutty that they don't have 1 competent mesh developer on staff.

If Ebbe thinks they can make a good virtual world with just coders, we are seriously going to be dissapointed.

BlueTrianon wrote:

Most SL creators
are
hobbyists, or at hobbyist level in skill.  I truly don't mean that as a criticism.

Oh yes. There must be at least twenty happy hobbyists for each "serious" builder in SL. And that's how it should be. But there are also a large number of highly qualified content creators who for various reasons have chosen to use Second Life as the platform for their creations, or some of their creations.

BlueTrianon wrote:

Never looked at them in detail until you pointed them out. Seems LL actually added a good mesh maker to the Mole force two years and a month ago. Poor physics (even resorting to the physcis prim cheat every now and again), not the best texturing I've seen and excessive LI (due to lack of weight control and possibly faulty LOD models). But well modelled and with really good LOD -  much better than anything I would have expected from Moles. With a bit of work on the three issues I mentioned he or she may even have a good chance for a place on the imaginary top 1000 list. That's really good news. Even better news: two of the Moles who made some of the worst of the many mesh disasters at Meauxle Bureaux seem to have improved considerably since then.

So the Moles at least have come much further than I was aware of. If they continue progress at this pace and if they actually are involved in Sansar as advisors, I'm happy to raise the odds to ... let's say 85-90%

I've come late to this party, but nonetheless recent events have inspired something I want to ask of you, Mr. Altberg:

With the incredible diversity, depth and breadth of expertise floating around inside Second Life, massive amounts of it offered for free and/or without compensation requested ...

What exactly are your thoughts when the BoD and the Staff at LL insist "No! It's okay. We totally understand everything and don't need any help"?

Are the arguments offered really that convincing? Even in the face of all the press, forums posts, blogs and in-world chatter proving exactly the opposite?

Darrius Gothly wrote:

With the incredible diversity, depth and breadth of expertise floating around inside Second Life, massive amounts of it offered for free and/or without compensation requested ...

As a hardcore anarcho-capitalist, I'd rather pay whatever I'd have to, to get the best person for the job, than trust in someone offering something for free, unless I know their competence personally. This isn't to say that we don't have good talent. That said, the experience of actually creating for virtual worlds, or SL in general, is a skill you aren't going to easily get outside of SL.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

As a hardcore anarcho-capitalist, I'd rather pay whatever I'd have to, to get the best person for the job, than trust in someone offering something for free, unless I know their competence personally. This isn't to say that we don't have good talent. That said, the experience of actually creating for virtual worlds, or SL in general, is a skill you aren't going to easily get outside of SL.

That's really the teeth-grinder about this situation: We have BOTH ends of the "Anarcho-Capitalist" spectrum all in one spot. A large functioning body of talent, trained on the job both from self-motivation and by being driven to it through LL's insistent changes, and the paid experts employed by LL to formalize, standardize and regulate the "Product" as only compensated professionals can do.

We have both parts of a potentially very able and exciting solution ... and for some reason one half of that solution insists on acting as though the other half does not exist or does not matter. It's as if my right hand suddenly decided the left was useless, all the while my left hand holds forth with aid, support and balance.

As my kids might say: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Darrius Gothly wrote:

That's really the teeth-grinder about this situation: We have BOTH ends of the "Anarcho-Capitalist" spectrum all in one spot. A large functioning body of talent, trained on the job both from self-motivation and by being driven to it through LL's insistent changes, and the paid experts employed by LL to formalize, standardize and regulate the "Product" as only compensated professionals can do.

We have both parts of a potentially very able and exciting solution ... and for some reason one half of that solution insists on acting as though the other half does not exist or does not matter. It's as if my right hand suddenly decided the left was useless, all the while my left hand holds forth with aid, support and balance.

As my kids might say: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

The problem with these so called "paid experts employed by LL" is simply this:  They have never had a "Second Life" and hence have no to little understanding of what is needed.

CHUI is the ultimate proof of this.  The fact that CHUI almost went live with out a chat bar and that we had to explain to them why the Chat Bar was needed  was proof enough.

Something else i hope Linden Lab is doing it this time good from scratch instead of putting something in and never fix it. because with sansar there are not TP{V viewer that can fix the problem.

Linden Lab, implement a good and correct working font dpi setting. Looking to the way blender have done it is a good idea.

Default fonts are to small !

Kwakkelde Kwak wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

CHUI is the ultimate proof of this.  The fact that CHUI almost went live with out a chat bar and that we had to explain to them why the Chat Bar was needed  was proof enough.

What's a chat bar?!

It's a mechanism for stopping people from talking to you, much like muting.

No it isn't, silly me, it's the online equivalent of a singles bar.

Alec - to deliberately misunderstand

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2802 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.