Dr Phil is in second life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A bunch of the Linden Moles made the avatar.  I agree it does look very good.   Dr. Phil was in SL to discuss a young man with a gaming addiction.  The guy wasn't a SL resident, but SL was used as a platform, and of course, it was pointed out how SL can be helpful to those with disabilities, there's so much social interaction we can have here, that may be denied to us in the real world.  It may have been valuable, in the moment, never any way to know who's been moved, helped, touched..  Outside of some media exposure, that isn't negative exposure, who knows if there will be lasting effects of Dr. Phil's appearance.  I hope he had fun in SL. 

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

Dr. Phil was in SL to discuss a young man with a gaming addiction.  The guy wasn't a SL resident, but SL was used as a platform

So, a fake setup of no relevance to anything.

Alec - the way that PR people create a virtual world out of everything

• 2 weeks later...

Xandria Snowfall wrote:

I found it interesting that LL allowed the Tron stuff to be shown on public television, since it is copyrighted material and LL is supposed to be such a huge supporter of keeping copybotted things out of SL.  Bit disappointed really.

Thats a good point Xandria....what were the sl legal team doing overlooking that!

Xandria Snowfall wrote:

I found it interesting that LL allowed the Tron stuff to be shown on public television, since it is
copyrighted material and LL is supposed to be such a huge supporter of keeping copybotted things out of SL
.  Bit disappointed really.

Wait, i'm a bit puzzled, was that said with a huge dollop of sarcasm?

Just to point out though that copyright infringement and copybotting in SL are two different things.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3190 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.