Advertisement post being deleted?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a post on the Wanted forum advertising a mesh development business seeking new clients, and within five minutes the post was removed and a nastygram from the moderator was in my inbox.

While I understand the need to remove inappropriate ads from general forums, the community guidelines explicitly mark the For Sale and Wanted forums as appropriate places for advertising, and there are at least four other similarly themed posts on the front page of the Wanted forum alone.

I have yet to receive a reply to my questiosn from the mod, so I'm here.  Can anyone offer me an explenation as to why my thread was removed, or where it may be more appropriate to post such a thread?

Well, the Merchants forum isn't an appropriate place to post, that's explicitly for discussion of running a store.

The in-world employment forum isn't appropriate, that's for hiring individual users to do a task, and there are no similar ads to mine there.

There is no For-Sale forum, unless I'm going blind.

Which leaves the Wanted forum, where there are - again - multiple ads identical to my own.

Perhaps you have a helpful suggestion?

Advertising is generally not allowed unless you offer land and post it in the appropriate land forum or offer/seek job in the inworld employment forum.

There is no for sale forum. 

Simply - don't do it on the forums and rent a space inworld to advertise. 

Perhaps it also has something to do with the fact that you are not really searching employment - you have a service with multiple people working for you and that's what you are offering. 

There is a difference.

PS: Don't expect an answer from the moderators - I don't think they are permitted to just have a casual conversation with you (besides the template messages they send)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.