Sign in to follow this  
Mesi Emerald

Help for a building noob?

I am wanting to make some scuplties for a project. I have a few questions about sculpties. First off, I am wanting to put a texture on the sculpty, do I have to make the UV map without it, or could I save L$ and put the texture on it before I make the UV map? And how exactly do you make a UV map in blender? Also how do you make a body crusher? I know I can always buy one, but I need to make one so that I can make it transferable, as I am wanting to sell this when I am finished. I know I sound so noobish, but please don't be too hard on me lol.

Here is a tip for saving L.

Many 3rd party viewers allow you to upload temporary textures for free. These textures work like normal textures except they don't cost anything to upload and stop rendering after about 24 hours. You could use these to test your textures and sculpt maps.

Try Phoenix or Imprudence, two of my favorate viewers.

• Like 1

Sculpties have an implicit UV map that is a rectangular grid of squares, depending only on the sculpt map dimensions. You cannot make or change them. I recommend that you visit machinimatrix, which has all the links, tutorials and downloads you could need for making sculpties in Blender.

I also suggest to use something like Phoenix Viewer.. TPV´s have tempory uploading texture feature which is free... then you can check out the texture and take a decision if you want to upload.

I know that I am probably going to make people who read this face palm, but I need to ask it.... How to you make those sculpty maps in blender? From a dae  to be more exact? I have primstar on blender working, but whatever I  try to get it make a sculpty map out of the dae file I get a message in the command prompt saying "debug gui 000 - bake failed after 0.1117 sec." I have tried convrting the file to .blend and have tried opening it in the mesh> sculpt mesh thing but that hasn't worked eaither. Help please?