AOs that support animations that are long and of varied length

Rain Stardust

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently bought several animations that are rather long and not of uniform length.  They loop nicely when played alone, but I currently have them in a ZHAO AO (I don't think it's even ZHAO-II, this thing's old :P  I haven't been around for a while) and I've tried a few different numbers as the default length of time until the stand switches in the script and can't find one that doesn't cut the animations off in the middle.  Can anyone suggest an AO that is perhaps meant to be used with non-static stands and switches when they are finished rather than after a given amount of time?  That's the only solution I can think of, but if anyone has another suggestion, I'd love to hear it.  Thanks so much!

Sadly, there is no way for LSL to detect how long an animation is, nor can it detect when it has reached it's end and begins a new loop. Much the same way that an attachment can't tell where it's pointing in an animation... because the animating is happening on the client side.

If you knew how long each animation was, it would be possible (though complex) to modify an AO script to look for a time written in the notecard, and use that time before starting the next animation. The results wouldn't be perfect, and it would require a lot of effort for mediocre results.. not to mention the amount of time it would take to test and time animations to try and determine their individual loop lengths.

Wouldn't that be great? :smileyhappy:

I've seen many AOs that are based on timers. I'm not sure if there are AOs that comes in a preset package where it is designed to stop after a loop is completed kinda like one of the Love Scene animations I'd seen. I would imagine you can't add any new animations to it since the script/notecard is sequential specifically for those preloaded animations in the AO.

That's why I only have one standard Stand animation for my avatar with timer set to 0. If I get bored with the one I have I just click on the next Stand available and stick with it.

Maybe what you can do is to get a decent but longer Stand animation and find out what the animation's time length time is and get another Stand animation with the same length of time. When you have all the animations you want, just load them up in your AO notecard (and remove other Stand animations) and set the timer according to the length of your animations. I've never tried this but I'm thinking of workarounds we can do without hacking the scripts.

Rain Stardust wrote:

I recently bought several animations that are rather long and not of uniform length.  They loop nicely when played alone, but I currently have them in a ZHAO AO (I don't think it's even ZHAO-II, this thing's old
:P
  I haven't been around for a while) and I've tried a few different numbers as the default length of time until the stand switches in the script and can't find one that doesn't cut the animations off in the middle.  Can anyone suggest an AO that is perhaps meant to be used with non-static stands and switches when they are finished rather than after a given amount of time?  That's the only solution I can think of, but if anyone has another suggestion, I'd love to hear it.  Thanks so much!

Howdy, Rain!

I would suggest you go get the Huddles EZ Animator.  It's what I've used for a long time and have never had any trouble with animation times in the AO.  If your Zhao is old, it's time to update anyway!  :smileyhappy:  The Huddles is much more than just an AO hud.  It can also hold dances, and you can have 10 people dancing with you!  Here's the link to the Marketplace page for the deluxe version:  CLICK HERE

It is WELL worth the money!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.