Sign in to follow this  
Raiden Faxel

Players Needed For Angel vs Demon Roleplay Game

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys

i have started up a new game called Beyond The Veil. Its a battle between Angels and Demons to control the souls of humanity. You can read about it on my blog.

Beyond the Veil Overview

I am inviting people to become players of the game for free. Normally, the HUD cost $599L but if you jump in now I will activate every HUD to full every day until I have enough numbers.

I am also offering people to start a clan in the game completely free too. The clan setup pack normally cost $990L. So if you have ever wanted to be one of the first clans in a game, or have wanted to be a top clan, then this is the perfect opportunity to get a massive head start.

Beyond the Veil: Clan Setup Pack

If you are starting a clan, I will also come in personally and teach you how to play.

To join, contact Sigh Parx (Demons) or Warfina Tisch (Angels) or myself Raiden Faxel.

Souls are collected from Avatars who are not playing. So if you are at a club or some other place with people you can collect their soul. It s done by either cursing them or blessing them. You do not need to get them into the game. Getting people into the game helps boost your soul count as all your minions/disciples souls count towards your souls too.

The avatar you are cursing/blessing is not aware it is happening. I did it this way so the game can be played anywere scripts are allowed without people getting upset with you.

Well I just had a read of the link Drake1 Nightfire. I hadn't heard of that before reading it. I would say that developers like myself are trying to create games that do not hinder another avatar in the way Bloodlines does. Unlike the Progeny Vampire System, when taking the soul of an avatar in my game, does not even effect their gameplay if they want to join the game. They are able to join without any problems. I think some people get a little scared that a system says they are dead or the soul belongs to this person or their soul is damned, but there is no need to worry. That information is only based in that game and is not a part of Second Life's information about that avatar. For example, Bloodlines deals with souls as does Beyond the Veil. But both of these have different information about that avatars soul. Its not really taking their soul, its just flagging information in a database belong only to that game.

Raiden Faxel wrote:

I think some people get a little scared that a system says they are dead or the soul belongs to this person or their soul is damned, but there is no need to worry.

I think the majority are grown-up enough not to worry about silly things like "souls", especially those of avatars. I'd give people a little more credit.

What provides a "little scare" is - in just about every case - having your avatars key stored by a service that you don't use, and used for reasons unknown (e.g. it may open them up to advertising/spam or publish their name online ala Bloodlines). In many peoples' eyes this is equivilent to a loss of control of data that is perceived to be personal - even if it isn't technically personal. For whatever reason, their avatar key is now in a "list".

For clarity: Not saying I agree with their determination but it's fairer to the audience than the "maybe they're afraid of ghosts" argument. I'm not on either side of this issue, though, I don't participate in games like this and I don't criticise them, either.

This perception issue can be overcome, I am sure. Be interesting to hear what you come up with, if anything.

G'luck. Gonna need it.

Hey Freya, I was not meaning all people and I apologise if it came across that way. I was referring to the comments posted in the other post about the vampire system. There was one post that basically said people that use these systems are as bad as rapists. When I said, some people, I was not in any terms meaning all people or even most people. Once again I apologise for the misunderstanding.

For others I can understand the fear. For them I say, your avatars key is not stored in our database, only your name so that when players scan their surroundings they can see the results. As for a website, which we will be making in the future, their is no reason I can see I would need to post non players names on that website.

So here is my promise now. I will not display non players names on any website and will not use their name for any other reason than this game system. If you are not a player of this system then you will never even hear from or about us unless a player talks to you about the game.

Thanks for your reply. As someone who takes privacy fairly seriously I think you've taken the right tack.

I think it's good to have a policy, and to be able to explain that policy in words of one syllable whenever this issue comes up. Forewarned is forearmed, and - as someone who's operated several game systems - you'll likely see every possible criticism of your work if you stay at it for long enough. :)

There is also "Eternal Conflict: Angels and Demons" which has been designed by the two man Progeny Diabolics and is an excellent RP combat system that also feeds off of Second Life residents http://eternal-conflict.com/ and puts Progeny to shame due to Progeny's lack of developement and ensuing stagnation (Progeny is basically a vampire version of THE SIMS).

There are many skills that can be developed and items to craft (major grind). The HUD is free but everything else is hidiously expensive and frankly a blatent rip off. And don't rub the egos of the devs the wrong way or you will be banned at the drop of a pin...

Dont know how advanced your systems development is but from what I have read and seen in your pics, you are light years behind.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.