Show Grid Selection at login.

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Under Me Preferences Advanced in V2.5.1 there is this option to check. I did and at login I had a new drop down list to choose from. What are these new options? One was like a test grid and in others I wasn't able to log in because of some error. I had a scare because I thought I wasn't going to be able to get back into Second Life, but I'm in now. What are those choices?

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

Right. So how do I know which one to pick? And if I disable that option, will I automatically be in the 'correct' grid, or will I be logging into whichever one was chosen before I disabled the Show Grid Selection?

In short, which grid should I be in, what's the Main Grid/official grid/non test grid?

My method of remembering which grid is which, invokes the late, famed voiceover artist Don LaFontaine.

• In a world where N equals M....  a-g-n-i = (n)Main (g)Grid... Agni is the Main Grid
  • In a world where B equals D, a-d-i-t-i = (d)Be (t)T (a)A... Aditi is the Beta Grid

It may be a bit screwy.. but it works for me. b=d, m=n...

As others have said, many of these are test grids, and are used by Linden Lab for test or other purposes. Some have also been used for specific tests, such as Vaak for the old "Gridnauts" testing (wasn't a lot there: mainly just a copy of Lusk and Ahern).

The only ones usually open to Residents are Agni (the "Main Grid," aka the place known best as "Second Life") and Aditi (the "Beta Grid," where all the public and private beta tests tend to go on, including the mesh beta, the severe updates, etc.)

• Like 2

as others have said there is main and beta grid i don't know if it's still the case but with beta grid you had to wait till there was a database re-fresh where new accounts were transferred over before you could get on the grid if you weren't able to or you could request to a Linden can't remember which one to be manually transferred if you've ever changed your password you may need to use an older one for beta oh and the L$ balance your given can't be transferred between grids :smileysad:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.