Sign in to follow this  
Necrovenus

Looking For Hud Script

I have some guns and instead of drawing/sheathing in local chat via "/1 draw/sling", I'd like a script for a two button hud to draw/sling my weapons. That's pretty much it. 

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Why not make them as a gesture and assign them to a couple of hot keys?

Because of convienience. I use a lot of different combat systems along with weapons, so those hotkeys are pretty treasured since you can't stack them. A hud you can simply click is more efficient for my needs.

Hello,

A little more of info would be nice.

I assume you have the animations already, and they are copy so you can also use them on the HUD? Chat commands might or might not work if issued from a HUD depending on how the weapons are scripted.

Any preference for permissions for the HUD and how much is your budget for such HUD?

edit: typo

If you already have animations I can do this cheap (animations are not strictly neccessary from a scripting standpoint but if you do have them its important they are included so I can include them.) I imagine you want it to be useable with any such weapons as well. We can do a simple toggle button would require two textures for the on off state or if you want to have it be more generic I can generate text textures for the buttons and you can do a simple background. As for permissions everything but mod on the script if you want an open script it will be a little more but its not too much work. Say 250L$ for no mod your own use resale and 500L$ for full perm? That works out to 1$ and 2$ USD respectively?

I will use a method that will make this script usable for as many different types of weapon animations as possible so long as they follow a naming convention or notecard format this way if you add weapon types later you can just drop in your listener script and the associated animations in the hud object. I would advice against any multi weapon kits in excess of 9 cause we'd be better off just falling back to a dialog based hud in that case.