I sold land today, I never received the Money and my tier fee says I own more land than I do.

Ches Seriman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life forums, Ches.

Regarding why you haven't received the money yet, its because it is land that was set to group. The money will come through within the next day or so. Did you go out and purchase land straightaway? This again is why you will be charged as though you went into the next tier level. Or you needed to remove the land donation, set to group.

There is more information on the Knowledge base, to be found here... (including a warning about how you can accidentally double-bill yourself) - group land is sooo complicated.:smileysad:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079#To_avoid_an_unnecessary_increase_of_land_tier.2C_remove_your_existing_land_contribution_to_group._2

• Like 1

If the land was sold from the Group, the money will be in the group and you can see it in Group Info.

It will be paid out tomorrow to the account of any group member that has the ability "pay group liabilites and receive dividends" checked - So make sure that ONLY the owner role has that ability.

Your tier fee for the month is based on the maximum amount of land that you owned at anytime during that month even if it was for 1 day of the charging period (even 1 hour) it is called your "peak usuage".

Group finances only process in the Second Life system only once every 24 hours. So you will see it in your account tomorrow.

Make sure that you only have alts in a group like this because if you sell land with members in it, the money distributes equally and automatically to every member of the group.

So look on all your accounts for your money.

Also MAKE SURE to go to the website www.secondlife.com under your accounts and find LAND and GROUP LAND and *lower your tier*.

The system will NOT do this for you automatically. It assumes that the tier you made available to that group remains in use. So you have to physically remove it out of the group, and then go on the website and tier down to the next level, or you will be banged with another bill for that tier level. Hopefully you will do all this before your tier date hits. You are always billed for the highest amount you had for that month. So even if you tiered lower, at the end of the month you will be billed for you highest level.

But the next month, you will have a lower bill.

You don`t actually have to change your tier level, you can leave it on the max all the time if you want to. The important detail is the peak usage, that is the figure that determines how much you will be charged. You will only ever be charged at the level of the peak usage even if you have your tier level set for a full sim.

The tier level setting affects the part where it says how much land you have available to buy.

An addendum to what Prokofy wrote:  You can manage how LL distributes the funds from the sale of land via the Roles in your group.  You can tick a box that indicates that certain roles will not receive proceeds.  The owner should be the only one receiving proceeds (normally).  So, just check those roles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4786 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.