Firestorm freezing problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

so I use the firestorm 64 bit viewer, and it will freeze if im lagging badly or too much is going on, or of course griefing. When it freezes and I click the X button, it will NOT close. it will say "Firestorm is not responding. You may wait or close the program." I click close, wait and wait and wait, click X again, it says something about Firestorm is not responding and has a "End Process" button. I have clicked it millions of times and waited a good 30 minutes and nothing. This causes me to have to restart my ENTIRE computer which is annoying and a hassle. This has been going on with both the LL viewer and firestorm viewer ever since I got this computer. Its not the best for SL but its alright. I run my game in the lowest graphics. Any advice on how to make Firestorm close without shutting down?

Thanks.

Its frustrating, Vocaloid, for sure.

I don't know what your full system specifications are, but ensuring you have plenty of memory and an up-to-scratch graphics card will go a long way to preventing these freeze-ups.

My old computer will now only run any of the modern viewers for a few minutes before closing down altogether, in spite of stretching the memory and tweaking every single thing I can tweak.  And my laptop, which was never designed to run anything as heavily graphically challenging as Second Life, works quite well, but I do not push my luck with it, so again, only do run Second Life for brief spells, while ensuring the laptop does not go onto overheat. 

Are you able to add memory to your computer or a higher end graphics card?  What are your system specifications currently? 

You could try ending the viewer process directly from Task Manager. This will sometimes work when the "End process" button on the dialog fails.

Open Windows task manager with CTRL+SHIFT+ESC & go to the processes tab.

Right click the stuck viewer process, End process.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.