Having an issue with stalking on sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is this guy on sl that seems to stalk me and other dancers that work at the club I work. He is constantly bugging people and causing a general nucense. The club banned him now he keeps comeing back to the club on alts. Lots of alts. Everytime he comes in on an alt and we know its him we ban him. However, this is the 6th alt of his we have had to ban. It is getting realy anoying not to mention stressfull for the club owner and staff. Is there anything that can be done to get his IP address banned from a sim? Any suggestions on how to deal with this would be appreciated.

Ban, ban, and ban again. Report, report, report again. It's irritating, yes, but all you can do is report him and all of his alts for harassment, ban them from the sim, and move on. 

Have the club owner and any individual(s) he is/are harassing submit abuse reports, including screenshots if applicable, chat logs, etc. Make sure whoever does the reporting fills the report out accurately and completely, in the right category, and whatnot. If they are certain this is the same person, include any other known account names. You can also reference past AR's. Still, though, the worst that's likely to happen is that the account will be banned. I could be wrong, but as far as I know, there is no way to IP-ban from one particular sim. It's all or nothing, and LL doesn't issue IP bans often or without EXTREME cause. Usually.

SL does not require any registration or verification. So LL can not prevent someone from making as many alts as they want.

IP-ban is not possible. If someone ever bans my ip I can change it within seconds. If someone ever bans the mac adress the viewer reveals to LL I can change that as well.

There are a few people that can not change their IP that easy and there may be people that don't know how to do that and also don't know that google exists. But I wouldn't count on that. :)

So in short: nope - banning is not possible.

Christin73 wrote:

There is this guy on sl that seems to stalk me and other dancers that work at the club I work. He is constantly bugging people and causing a general nucense. The club banned him now he keeps comeing back to the club on alts. Lots of alts. Everytime he comes in on an alt and we know its him we ban him. However, this is the 6th alt of his we have had to ban. It is getting realy anoying not to mention stressfull for the club owner and staff. Is there anything that can be done to get his IP address banned from a sim? Any suggestions on how to deal with this would be appreciated.

Where most people with an ongoing battle with stalkers and mischief-makers go wrong is that they feed their need for attention.  So while this person is causing a nuisance, and people are even acknowledging his existence by either talking to him in IM or in open chat, they are giving him the attention he so craves.

As he is spoiling and impeding general enjoyment of SL, you must make use of the abuse report system, but you must not say to the person "I am reporting you", because it just makes them laugh out in real life knowing that they have got that attention.

AR, ban, mute. Put them completely into the land of the non-existent.

Marigold Devin wrote:

Christin73 wrote:

Where most people with an ongoing battle with stalkers and mischief-makers go wrong is that they feed their need for attention.  So while this person is causing a nuisance, and people are even acknowledging his existence by either talking to him in IM or in open chat, they are giving him the attention he so craves.

As he is spoiling and impeding general enjoyment of SL, you must make use of the abuse report system, but you must not say to the person "I am reporting you", because it just makes them laugh out in real life knowing that they have got that attention.

When I see this kind of complaint I assume it is not just the griefer who likes attention.  

Pamela Galli wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Christin73 wrote:

When I see this kind of complaint I assume it is not just the griefer who likes attention.  

I don't ... always.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.