Cannot watch Media on any Viewer in SL:

KlewTea Rhapsody

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use a mac and just reinstalled Yosemite OS. My TV / Movies & media worked  perfectly before I reinstalled my OS.  To try to fix it I have done numerous things recommended:

1.) Made sure flash is the one for firefox

2.)  Made sure that Quicktime is installed

3.)  Reinstalled Firestorm for and CtrlAltStudio Viewer.  (neither worked for media/videos)

4.)  Tried SL Viewer, Singularity and Catznip

5.)  Contacted Media vendor

6.)  went to many media stores that sell TV's and tried to demo TV movies / videos at them without success

So basically I am unsure what to do.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers to this question

I'm unsure what to do, too!  I would try two avenues to find knowledgeable assistance.

1.  Contact the maker of your favorite TV.  Send them a notecard with as much information as you can about your operating system and computer setup.  They may have seen the problem before and have suggestions.

2.  Ask the question in the Firestorm in world support group, or go to the Firestorm help area and ask.

Or you could do what I do...don't waste time watching TV in Second Life.  There's too much else to do!

This sounds like a known Mac Flash Player issue with the LL webkit and has been in their outstanding queue for a long enough time that I doubt it will be fixed until there's an entirely different way to play media in SL.

Unfortunately, the only work around is to us a back level of Flash.  Since this is installed as support for your web browser, it will impact you there as well.  I've not found it to be too big of an issue, but some sites won't play if you have an old version.  You also run a risk because the security patches that have been done over the years won't be in the old version.

You need to uninstall the version you have, find an installer for flashplayer11_7r700_225_mac and install that.

- K

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.