Mysteries of Second Life

Rufferta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been spending some of my free time near the "White Islands" trying to finish the "White Island Quest". I'm stuck on the last clue, and today I found another mystery.

Over several days the map has shown a large clump of green dots in the middle of an empty water sim. I figured it was none of my business.

Today, though, I decided to take a pod tour, but when I got to the sim boundary I got the notice "You can't enter, because the sim is full" so I decided to see what was going on. (Yes, I'm nosy).

I didn't get too close, but from what I could see it looked like over a dozen alts just standing there, on the bottom of the ocean.  It was eerie. 

None of them seemed to be moving. I scratched my head and took a picture. At my next stop I saw that I had a chat message "Take as many as you like ****** their alts". Obviously one of them was online.

If it wasn't for the fact that they had filled the sim, and the profanity, I probably wouldn't even mention it, but I'm still curious. 

Any ideas?

And if anyone can give me a hint about the 'White Island Quest" I would be grateful.

Added: I got to thinking that maybe I was mistaken about it being public land and I should go back and apologize, but when I went back, they were all gone...strange.

They may have been bots, which are not illegal if they are registered as such. The bots might have been 'resting' there until they were needed for some task.

They may also have been people playing Tiny Kingdoms or some other HUD based game, which doesn't require that they move around.

You can't assume someone is an alt.  There is no way for you to tell for sure.  It is not illegal to have an alt or even have several and have them stand around in one place, as long as they weren't gaming traffic.  Alt accounts are considered separate accounts by LL and have the same rights that you do.

If the sim was full, it was full.  There is nothing illegal in that either.  No one has to leave to let you in.

If it was private land with restricted access that you were attempting to enter, you would just get a message that you are not allowdc, if that were the case.

Profanity is allowed on Mature or Adult land.  If it were G rated, they should not use it and you can report that in an Abuse Report.  If profanity bothers you, you should set your preferences to G so you never hear it.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Thats
where the failed & shamed forum trolls go when they have been outed.

Did you forget an apostrophe?  I think so.

I never considered Gypsy Quixote to be a troll.  An idiot, yes!  But never a troll.  Even his outed alts were idiots; and what a foul and nasty mouth he and his bimbo Lillie shared.   Both were almost as disgusting as Rhonda Huntress, don't you think?

To that end, he wasn't even a mystery of SL, he was just an idiot. As a matter of fact not any of them are mysteries. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.