Payment info in file setup

ImiskaI

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I'm new to secondlife and I don't want to spend my rl money yet, but I want to try more things and I figured out, that I need to setup payment info in file. I tried to follow several tutorials how to do that, but I always end up in Account -> Billing info where I can buy L$ and see my payment info but not set it up. Is it not possible to setup payment info in file anymore or did I just overlooked it?

8 answers to this question

My guess is that you want to have Payment info on file showing so that you can get access to places in SL that will only allow residents who have submitted this info to LL? This should be possible without buying §L. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Age-verification/ta-p/700021#Set_up_a_payment_relationship_with_Linden_Lab 

I don't know if you have tried it before the weekend, it is generally few on work for LL in the weekends. It could be that your bank is the bottleneck here too. Best advice I can give you, is to submit a ticket to LL or buy a small amount of §L and see if it goes through.

Before establishing a payment relationship with Linden Lab, your inworld profile will show "No Payment Info on File" under the Account Status heading. Generally, within an hour after payment information is added to your account, this information changes to "Payment Info on File". It may be necessary to log out of your account, then log back in to view this change in your Profile. The duration between adding payment information to your account and your Profile update is dependent upon processing time from payment providers.

In 4 years I've only found one place from which I was blocked because I didn't have payment info on file.  The person I was with spoke to the landowner and it turned out to be a mistake, so they changed it.  Result - after 4 years I don't know anywhere that won't let me in because of my payment info status.

Don't bother with it.

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

In 4 years I've only found one place from which I was blocked because I didn't have payment info on file.  The person I was with spoke to the landowner and it turned out to be a mistake, so they changed it.  Result - after 4 years I don't know anywhere that won't let me in because of my payment info status.

Don't bother with it.

True, but are you Age Verified instead?

Some people get Account Verified because the automated age verification fails and there is no manual verification for basic accounts.

Just a thought :)

Yes, I'm outside of US. Met few places where to earn some money I have to be either age>18 or verified. Getting payment info in file gives me both and I don't want to share my passport/ID. I guess I'll create ticket and then I'll have to decide whether to pay some real money to get verified :-/

ImiskaI wrote:

Yes, I'm outside of US. Met few places where to earn some money I have to be either age>18 or verified. Getting payment info in file gives me both and I don't want to share my passport/ID. I guess I'll create ticket and then I'll have to decide whether to pay some real money to get verified :-/

If you are not 18+ I dont` think Account Verification gets you access to adult content anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.