I will add to KarenMichelle's answer that sexual ageplay...the use of a child or child-like avatar to roleplay sexual situations...is strictly forbidden in Second Life.

This is not to say that it does not happen.  But be aware that if you engage in this sort of activity, you are opening yourself up to being immediately and permanently banned.

• Like 1

There is a group of girls that prey on mens which uses the child avatar to seduce men into sex to gain their advanced or blackmail to get money. Bethany Lawson Bailey Fairchild and Annabelle Lawson is one person control these three avatar to take two if it is supposed to ban then why are shops promotes child sex. Guys be careful of these avatars thry got me good and it was my roommate pretend to be me and i get the rap or from them. Two children avatars should not be on here if its forbidden. This is adult site it clearly states 18 and older. So should not be a big deal. That's how I feel.

Linda, having Daddy Dom is not always about age play as form of BDSM and ok; yes some do age play however it is not always the case just to add what to you said.

On 6/21/2015 at 10:10 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I will add to KarenMichelle's answer that sexual *****...the use of a child or child-like avatar to roleplay sexual situations...is strictly forbidden in Second Life.

This is not to say that it does not happen.  But be aware that if you engage in this sort of activity, you are opening yourself up to being immediately and permanently banned.

DD/lg and ***** are not the same thing

1 hour ago, TheVictorianGentleman said:

DD/lg and ***** are not the same thing

as is responding to a 2 yr old question... might hope it's solved by now

• Like 1

On 7/5/2017 at 3:11 AM, Alwin Alcott said:

as is responding to a 2 yr old question... might hope it's solved by now

This forum seems to bubble up old posts...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This forum seems to bubble up old posts...

While sometimes it is okay to add new info to an old post, many times it is not.  Maybe the posting function should check the date of the previous post and if older than a certain time it should pop up some sort of "Are you really, really sure you want to reopen a long dead thread?"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Maybe the posting function should check the date of the previous post and if older than a certain time it should pop up some sort of "Are you really, really sure you want to reopen a long dead thread?"

This has been a minor point of discussion as long as I have been in the forums.  For a long time, the Answers area's structure discouraged discussion, and it was hard to search.  We complained about the way that posts were shoved quickly out of view, so that our accumulated wisdom -- even the most recent replies -- were lost.  At the same time, necroposts were very rare, unlike the way they were in the other SL forums.  We rarely had to worry about people discovering some ancient, outmoded bit of advice. If they did, at least it was in a thread that had an accepted Correct answer in it (Search ignored other threads).  Now things have changed.  We're having to remember to check the dates of previous posts before replying to someone who probably left SL 5 years earlier.  It's made even harder by the fact that replies are no longer in chronological order, and that people rarely -- if ever -- bother to actually mark a solution as Correct.  We simply "like" responses, as if this were facebook popularity poll.

I'm not sure whether I like our current situation any more than the previous one.  There's not much we can do about it, though, except grumble. 

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's made even harder by the fact that replies are no longer in chronological order

This part irritates me constantly.  Every time I open an Answers thread, the first thing I do is sort it by date.  I really, really wish I had an option that I could set that would automatically do that for me.  I know that some people prefer the default sort based on votes, but I always like to read things in the order they were written, whether correct or not.

I'm guilty of hitting "Like" in Answers just as I do in the other forums to signify 'good info' or 'I agree', yadda yadda.  I often forget about the vote buttons just because I'm not in Answers as much and I was pretty much never in that section of the old forums.

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm guilty of hitting "Like" in Answers just as I do in the other forums to signify 'good info' or 'I agree', yadda yadda.  I often forget about the vote buttons just because I'm not in Answers as much and I was pretty much never in that section of the old forums.

Holy crap, so am I!  In fact, I hardly EVER hit the "Vote" buttons on the left, just the Like button.  I will try to mend my ways.

7 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

There is a sort by date option... 

Yes, but I hate that I have to click it for every Answers thread that I pull up.  I would really love to be able to set that as a 'preference'

Perhaps set a time limit.

After so many weeks and no activity or responses, the thread locks itself.

Is that a possibility?

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

I wish that a one-size-fits-all rule made sense.  Just in the past few days, though, I have seen some pretty good additions to ancient threads.  Now that people are finding it easier to search those old threads, it would be a shame if we couldn't update them when we need to.

• Like 2

I don't think any new rules are needed. Let people do what they do. On both sides of the argument. 

• Like 1

On 9.7.2017 at 2:04 AM, Rolig Loon said:

I wish that a one-size-fits-all rule made sense.  Just in the past few days, though, I have seen some pretty good additions to ancient threads.  Now that people are finding it easier to search those old threads, it would be a shame if we couldn't update them when we need to.

I haven't seen a single good one. Where did you find them? All that I see are useless. Warming up ancient drama, responding to searches so old, the OP probably already left SL again and many more replies that boil down to nothing worthwhile.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I haven't seen a single good one. Where did you find them? All that I see are useless. Warming up ancient drama, responding to searches so old, the OP probably already left SL again and many more replies that boil down to nothing worthwhile.

Worse even is when a new reply to a really old post gives info that is now wrong due to changes in SL features and the way things work on the back end.  New folks come along and do a search and find the post and try the suggestions that no longer work and can sometimes make things worse.

8 hours ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

3947070-g1335873246724378224.jpg

Speaking of Burt Ward, I wonder if he had a Daddy Dom thing going on with Adam West.

(DD/lb is just as valid as DD/lg)

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 3