[Resolved.] Avatars

TinabunsSweettooth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

The problem with Seanabrady's suggestion is that an AO does not work directly on a mesh avatar.  AOs only work on regular avatars!  The AO moves the avatar skeleton, which in turn moves the mesh body.

The only way I know of to have an "AI" is to create a scripted agent...a "bot."  Bots are just Second Life avatar accounts that are run by a computer program, rather than a live human being.  The bot can then wear any clothing or attachments you like, including the mesh avatar body you are so fond of.

Some bots are very basic.  A lot of the models you see showing off clothes in the fancier stores are bots.  They can't talk or anything...just stand there looking fabulous, and maybe pass out notecards and landmarks and group invitations to customers.  Other bots have more "intelligence."  I have met HAL, the Chatbot, several times in SL.  HAL shows up somewhere and you can talk to him.  His AI tries to come up with appropriate responses, but they are usually pretty far off the wall.  Find out more here:  https://zabaware.com/sl.asp  HAL uses a version of the A.L.I.C.E. Chatbot engine.  http://www.alicebot.org/about.html

But there is a simpler, if less realistic, solution.  You can attach the mesh avatar to your chest or spine attach point, then edit its position so that it appears to be standing beside you.  It will follow you everywhere (it's attached, after all!)  But it will not pose and move.  (Come to think of it, I have no idea of what it will do if you try this.  Possibly the rigging WILL make it move with you.  More likely it will either not move at all, or be scrunched up in some odd way.  Experiment!)

• Like 2

for me your question is a bit confusing and i read it different than the other answers you got.

As i understand it you want to give the mesh body Artificial Intelligence... AI and not use of a Animation Overrider.

If the body is mod you could try with a kind of pupeteer scripting, but most easy would be create a alt and make it a bot, controlled by a second viewer/text viewer. There are several scripts at MP to create a bot that lets it follow or other controls,.

If you search google with some terms like AI /bot/ Second life ...and so on.. i'm sure you get some usefull links

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3230 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.