Save a life, post here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm Clarence wrote:

@Wilhiam I will send you another; and another; and another.  :smileyindifferent:

Oh .. you can send 3 bears already to :

• Marigold Devin
  • Sweetlove Rugani
  • Shy Gravois

Have not announced to them they are receiving one, but I doubt they'll reject it.

P.S. We should create a 'show us your bear of charity' - thread too, don't you think ?

I bought  the Linden bear a few days ago.

I know that Mr. Maladaptive made it by cheking the bear.

So, Linden Department of Public Works love a teddy bear?

Thank you for your relief works for the disaster that happened in Japan.

世界中の人々の善意に感謝します。

There is going to be a fund raising event on April 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.

I (and all the staff at a club I work at) were asked to volunteer our time to help out. I think it's a great cause and have signed up to work 3 shifts.

I don't have all the details yet (sorry for this being so vague, but I want to keep this forum post current, so this is my form of *bumping* lol).

I will post again when I have the full details!

Wiki

Wicked Galaxy wrote:

There is going to be a fund raising event on April 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.

I (and all the staff at a club I work at) were asked to volunteer our time to help out. I think it's a great cause and have signed up to work 3 shifts.

I don't have all the details yet (sorry for this being so vague, but I want to keep this forum post current, so this is my form of *bumping* lol).

I will post again when I have the full details!

Wiki

Thank you Wiki, I hope this event also matches the European hours... Please advise! :smileyhappy:

• 2 weeks later...

I wish we could do so much more, Storm.

But something has been really bugging me for the last two weeks: not a word anymore in the media about the survivors, the wounded, the homeless people... All the information we get on Japan is only about the nuclear problem (which is indeed a dramatic major issue). I would like to hear more about those who have lost everything. This is for them you started this campaign, Storm, as Venus also did. And this is to them my thoughts and prayers go. If by any chance you have information on this subject, I would be happy to know.

Thank you for all what you are doing. It is an awesome and noble job for a great cause.

My friend and his family just returned to Tokyo yesterday after spending about one week in California.  They had been in touch with friends there and felt it was safe to return (they have a young daughter and were most concerned for her safety).  Regarding people stories, I understand what you say, Val.  Most of those I read or see now center upon clearing the rubble, linking communities of people in shelters, etc. The last story I read about finding a survivor was a dog that was found at sea on floating wreckage.

There are so many who have lost everything.  It is quite daunting to consider.  However, I am confident that Japan will recover.  It will take years, money, and much work, but it will happen.

Thank you for the news Venus. My family too has decided to stay in Tokyo. Just like you said, they are confident Japan will recover. This a strong and brave people. They recovered from the worst that ever happened in the human race history in 1945. They will overcome this tragedy certainly better than any other nation would.

I have read the story about the dog too... I posted it in the "hugs" thread. Just a dog, but nevertheless touching.

f814a40c-5d21-11e0-8281-15d5bbaa4cfa.jpg

valerie Inshan wrote:

They recovered from the worst that ever happened in the human race history in 1945.

Another group of people who saw their fortunes change that year might disagree that it was "the worst that ever happened in the human race['s] history." They don't call it the Holocaust for nothing.

Val, I just read a wonderful article about an 84-year old woman, the last living geisha in Kamaishi, who survived the tsunami (her fourth!) by being carried on the back of an 'admirerer'.  She was to perform that evening at a special party honoring a colleague's transfer.  The article, published in today's New York Times, writes about the history of the city, it's economy over the years, even about her family and her father's decison to put her into the life as a geisha when she was 14 years old.

If you are interested, you may be able to find it on the online version of the NYT.  Anyway, it was a good read!

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.