Roll backs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, they can roll a sim's state "back in time", provided that they have backups going back to before the regions contents were messed up. Expect any scripts that, for example, count things to go back in time too. If any no-copy items have been rezzed on the region since the time you want to go back to, pick them up before any rollback or they will be lost forever.

There aren't any sim software versions to go back to at the moment. however, if there was a problem with, say, some RC server release, they could get you moved over to the main release channel or vice versa.

No, they can only roll back a sim.  There has to be a VERY good reason too, because anything that is no copy and rezzed since the roll back date and time is lost forever.  Someone can also ask for a roll back and pick up a transfer only item and get a duplicate in the roll back, which presents a problem concerning IP rights.

They rarely will consent to it now, unless it is clearly the only solution and the damage is excessive sim wide.  If someone just messed something up or lost something, or it's just one parcel, they won't do it generally.

Thank you, I knew I was right! I don't know why they thought they could have a parcel roll back. No they are not harrassing me over it at all thank goodness. I just needed to be sure I was right.

I have no intention of asking for a roll back as it would cause far too many problems with rental meters and land changes that I have made very recently and I have around 30 residents............... it would cause a nightmare situation....... unless we could have a roll forward again once the lost items had been retrieved. Can they do that?

Thank you once again for helping me.

Venetia

Just to add confusion: Years ago, there was a problem with a new version that destroyed some content on one of my Mainland parcels, and the Linden who responded to my frantic plea for help performed what he called a "partial roll-back" that supposedly did not involve rollling-back the entire sim. I don't have any idea what he did, nor if such a thing could still be done these many years later, but it's possible your tenant actually knows history of such an ability.

(All I recall is that it was done that way because it was the easiest way for the Linden handling the support call. I can't even recall exactly what was broken anymore, but it must have been something they could extract from the saved sim state without needing to load it all onto the region.)

My understanding is that a "partial roll back" had more to do with sim state, as you mentioned, and not a portion of the sim.  It seems to me like I have only heard that in the context of mainland, not privately held sims, but I could be mistaken about that.

I have had to request sim rollbacks due to some griefing and LL is VERY reluctant to do them.  They cross referenced the ARs relating to the griefing and we had a discussion about that being the main reason they were willing to do so.  I understand the reason that they don't want to make it easy, but sheesh :)  I think they wanted to make it clear that it is not something to be done lightly and that it would affect the entire sim.  Once they got that I understood that, they were very willing to take care of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a homestead terraformed it to how i wanted it rezzed a expensive sim surround out and a building and after 30 mins i got a message saying the sim was gonna restart for maintenence i came back 20 mins later to find my homestead back up for sale and terraforming back to the original and no items left and my expensive sim surround gone luckily i got the land back but no sim surround and i contacted LL to be called a liar several times they say me or any estate managers restarted the sim i told them nobody but me and a friend was on the sim and we did not have EM rights so LL don't help you at all but instead call you a liar would i be at support if i restarted the sim i don't think so. PLus it was on a monday and in my experience rollbacks dont happen on a monday but LL are not facing up to the fact that someone rollbacked my sim and they are not willing to find out what has happened but instead call me a liar. LL only do rollbacks by request if absolutely neccessary. 

Draggon,

Not sure what your comment has to do with the OP. But to try and help you in any case, when you say 'purchased' a homestead, am I correct in assuming you' bought' it from another resident to whom you will be paying tier monthly? I have to assume this as you say that neither you nor your friend have Estate Manager rights, understandable if you have 'purchased' from another resident. BUT, that resident that you bought from DOES have Estate Manager rights and could very well have ordered the rollback.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.