maintenance causing various troubles?

Shania Adder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Shania Adder wrote:

just a quick question... There seem to be  troubles in worlds such as  being unable to tp, inventory empty, id not being visible asnd others...

could that be a direct effect of the maintenance? others  experienced it as well

For the last few months a few restarted regions will come back up with a problem called "caps ['capabilites'] failure" - they don't reconnect properly to various Linden Lab services. Simon Linden, etc. know about it and think it has to do with too many regions restarting but they (obviously) don't have a fix yet.

If you have this problem: From the login screen, try logging into a completely different region from the one you were trying to log into - do not try logging into your usual region and then going somewhere else. The various connections that are failing on that region should work on another one. A region with caps failures can usually be fixed with a region restart.

actually, i log in fine in my home loocation. Tthe troubles start when i go anywhere else. I can tp somewhere, but get logged out if i tp out of the new place. I can't open  IMs conversations, and i see only the id numbers of avatars not in contact list, no names, nothing. inventory wise, i'm ok, but i met people who lost all of it.

now, yesterday, it was all fine.. but tgoday there is , per coincidence maybe,  mainbtrenance. !+!=2....

what i wonder if it is connected to that and if so, are they working on fixing the trouble.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.