Looking for 2048/2560 parcel to buy (NOT) rent.

Bethany Bowenford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just starting research into available pacel to buy on which to place a log cabin I'm keen on.  I currently rent a home in SL and been there some years - time for a change!

What I'm after is a plot in a quiet area that is NOT heavily overlooked by urban builds.  So, half decent views needed - over ocean or waterway would be ideal.  Alternatively, a quiet 'forest/woodland area'.  NOT snow place!.

No immediate rush as off on hol (RL) very soon but want to start  looking around before I go.  Will prob be August before I make final decisions.

Please, land for sale ony - NOT interested in renting (I want to 'own' something after 6+ years in SL!)  2048 only (or 2560 if I deed my 512 as Premium Member)

Beth :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

I've noticed a few nice parcels have shown up in auction lately. Also, If you find an area you like and you find a plot that has been abandoned you can put in a support ticket and ask them to put that plot up for auction.

My favorite way of finding land is to open the world map and then teleport from yellow spot to yellow spot.

You can also do a search through the classifieds and put in the keywords you think are important. 

One thing I have to remind myself is that the initial cost of the land is not as important as the fact that you will be paying tier on it.

Also, I've learned to just stay on the land for a while to give the 16-story buildings on each side time to materialize.

Hope that helps!

Bethany Bowenford wrote:

No immediate rush as off on hol (RL) very soon but want to start  looking around before I go.  Will prob be August before I make final decisions. [...]   2048 only (or 2560 if I deed my 512 as Premium Member)

So you've got plenty of time to look around, and really no point buying anything before you get back because Mainland has a habit of evolving -- not always for the better.

Higher up-front prices may somewhat discourage unsightly builds, but there are no guarantees, so a spot with mostly well-established neighbours is generally safer than somewhere surrounded by a lot of vacant or abandoned space.

Just so the options are clear, because you're dealing with "real" Mainland, not the training-wheel Linden Homes, you can use "Buy for Group" to get the land into group ownership right away, gaining a 10% "group bonus" in addition to your 512 "bonus tier" as a Premiium member. That means 2048 sq.m. tier can support up to 2816 sq.m. with the 512 donated, or 2240 without.

Many thanks Rufferta.

I am keeping an eye on auctions and have been to see a few plots offered there - none suited me and some were 'dire'!  One was way unerwater by some very unnatratcive cliffs.  I can trerraform but a deep sea diver I'm not *grin*.

Watching the classifieds and so on too but found nothinh there yet - may say 'for sale' but vendors turn out to be offering rental.

As for staying a while to see what 'grows' - good advice.  Thanks again.

Many thanks Qie.

Yes, agreed no need to rush and noy tempted to ruch into getting a plot that isn't right (for me).

As for highre up front prices, understand and I expected that.  I'm not 'super rich' but don't mind paying a decent price for the right place.

I do already have a group that I'll be buying the land for but overlooked the group bonus thing so thanks for that.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Chyrs.

Only just back from RL holiday so still in 'catch up' mode.

I've not found anything I like yet and, dammit, I was outbid yesterday on a plot I fancied on the LL auction listing.  I do have an eye on another plot which is 'abandoned land' and I'm waiting for LL to come back to me about making that available - quick they aren't I'm afraid.

Meantime I'm still looking so maybe if you catch me in world you cant tell me if you have anything available.  I log on most nights around midnight my time until aroond 2:00am.  Note though that I'm UK so usual time diff prob applies I expect.  Otherwise just IM me.  If you did that while I was on hol I won't have seen - my IMs get capped most times I'm away more than a day.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.