Sign in to follow this  
Greenie Emerald

IMs to email seems screwed up

Question

Hi Greenie,

This is a known issue for Yahoo users (and perhaps others) though it's not clear what LL is doing about it. Yahoo has started blocking mail from certain SL servers. The best solution at the moment appears to be to switch to Gmail. So, if you're a Yahoo user, consider creating a Gmail account and having it forward everything back to your Yahoo account.

Here's the JIRA...

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8414

• Like 3

4 answers to this question

Hi Greenie,

This is a known issue for Yahoo users (and perhaps others) though it's not clear what LL is doing about it. Yahoo has started blocking mail from certain SL servers. The best solution at the moment appears to be to switch to Gmail. So, if you're a Yahoo user, consider creating a Gmail account and having it forward everything back to your Yahoo account.

Here's the JIRA...

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-8414

• Like 3

Thanks Madelaine, the problem is with a Yahoo account ... and ... I did try to change it to a new gmail account and got this message: "Your email preferences have been updated. A confirmation email has been sent to your new address; please follow the directions in it to finalize your updated address." But the confirmation never arrives and the yahoo address does not change. I made sure there are filters in both email accounts to accept the IMs. I don't know what else to do

PS ... I finally found the confirmation message ... it was sent to Gmail's "social" inbox of which I was not previously aware ... so the address has now been changed and we will see if that solves the problem