Kudos to the poster who know exacly where to to sent someibbe for the answer to questions asked

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dresden wrote:

Roche Runo wrote:

i am amaze at how much you know.  You know  which area of the knowlege base, the wiki, or youtube to send the person to

I am impressed   way to go:)

Your write, their grate.

...Dres

I absolutely LOVE this Dres!

Teri

((You should post sober more often!))

damn you foundd out  i am not perferct.   lol 

I am one of the those people who type my comments as am thinking them.  Hences mising letter or words, wronp spellings, and missing or wrong punctuations.    happen also because i think faster than i type lol

I know there are people out there  who  think that is terrible  and unproffestional.   Hey you like your life the way you see it  and i live mine. :)  but i will admit  the comments started to make me self consiouns.  But that only lasted a second. 

Whydo people find it necessary to correct peoples spelling.   It is because of some superiorty complexe?   Is it because you cant live withseeing a mistake  with out correting it.   or is because  you just want to be noticed? :)

Note  i am not attacing you   i am just  curiious why this happens.

and this is totally of the topic of my original post  which was to compliment some people who worked hard to help people.

Shame on you  lol

Using the spell check tool in this forum is not arduous. Look at the top right corner of the 'post message' box and you'll see the little icon.  Be prepared for many, MANY underlined in red words (in your case).  Just click on the word and you will be offered a corrected word.

Of course, you can go on doing what you are doing now and come across as lazy.  Your choice!

Roche Runo wrote:

i am amaze at how much you know.  You know  which area of the knowlege base, the wiki, or youtube to send the person to

Please don't worry about some typos. It is always better to be able to contribute to this forum with some positive but not perfect spelled words, than to act like the old farts who are sitting in their cobweb as spiders, just waiting for a chance to ridicule other participants...

I think your post is sweet and nice, and a good idea to thank you the people here, who tireless give their answers and help the rest of us, day after day...

Roche Runo wrote:

damn you foundd out  i am not perferct.   lol 

I am one of the those people who type my comments as am thinking them.  Hences mising letter or words, wronp spellings, and missing or wrong punctuations.    happen also because i think faster than i type lol

I know there are people out there  who  think that is terrible  and unproffestional.   Hey you like your life the way you see it  and i live mine.
:)
  but i will admit  the comments started to make me self consiouns.  But that only lasted a second. 

Whydo people find it necessary to correct peoples spelling.   It is because of some superiorty complexe?   Is it because you cant live withseeing a mistake  with out correting it.   or is because  you just want to be noticed?
:)

Note  i am not attacing you   i am just  curiious why this happens.

and this is totally of the topic of my original post  which was to compliment some people who worked hard to help people.

Shame on you  lol

It's hard to answer why some people feel the need to correct others, but communication is important.  I like to help people when they have questions and I like to comment when I feel inclined to do so.  I am much more likely to answer or comment on a post that I can understand.  Grammar and spelling help to get an idea across the way a poster intends it to be understood.  Long run on sentences, spelling that requires me to guess the word, or words arranged in a way that is incomprehensible to any but the original author make answering or commenting not worth my time and effort.  I am more forgiving of those who use English as a second language, but it all goes back to whether I can understand (and therefore care) what a person is trying to get across.

I have more respect for someone who cares enough to want to be understood, than I do about someone who can't or won't put forth the effort to be even a little respectful to me.  You are asking strangers questions in a public forum and you seem to want answers.  Great!  Maybe putting forth just a little effort to go back and reread what you just wrote or taking just a minute to click the little "ABC" button at the top before clicking the post button would help your cause and not leave others feeling a little insulted at your lack of caring about us (your audience) or the point you may be trying to make.

I am not trying to be mean to you and I am not telling you to stop posting.  You asked a question and I answered.  Everyone is welcome here in whatever way they show up, but respect is a two-way street.

Cinn

ETA:  I guess I didn't answer your question, but I will leave my opinion on the importance of grammar and spelling here anyway.  It is disrespectful to not use proper communication skills if you have the ability and knowledge to use them.  It insults the rest of us.

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

It is disrespectful to not use proper communication skills if you have the ability and knowledge to use them.

And if you don't have the ability and knowledge, don't post here, this is not a free adult literacy facility. Go away somewhere else and get your reading and writing age up to the adult level that LL demands in physical years.

If you insist on persisting here, get the addon for your browser from After The Deadline, which offers spelling, grammar and style advice, and USE it in the editor before inflicting your ugly, clumsy, semi-comprehensible posts on us.

Muletta wrote:

Roche Runo wrote:

Please don't worry about some typos.
It is always better to be able to contribute to this forum with some positive but not perfect spelled words,
than to act like the old farts who are sitting in their cobweb as spiders, just waiting for a chance to ridicule other participants...

I think your post is sweet and nice, and a good idea to thank you the people here, who tireless give their answers and help the rest of us, day after day...

No, it isn't always better.

POOP

PS Well said Cinn.

The occasional typo is OK, we all do that.  And we all sometimes spell words wrong or get grammar wrong too.

Some people are dyslexic and have reall difficulty spelling, while others might have poor eyesight or restricted finger movement which makes typing difficult.  And then there are people for whom English is not their main language.

So there are lots of reasons for excusing less than perfect typing.  

But just to say that you type too fast  and so make lots of mistakes.  I make mistakes too, but I bother to go back and correct them before posting - or at lleast i do modt of teh time.

Conifer Dada wrote:

The occasional typo is OK, we all do that.  And we all sometimes spell words wrong or get grammar wrong too.

Some people are dyslexic and have reall difficulty spelling, while others might have poor eyesight or restricted finger movement which makes typing difficult.  And then there are people for whom English is not their main language.

So there are lots of reasons for excusing less than perfect typing.  

But just to say that you type too fast  and so make lots of mistakes.  I make mistakes too, but I bother to go back and correct them before posting - or at lleast i do modt of teh time.

All the examples you gave excusing poor posting style and inconsideration attributed to or of an inherent nature can all be rectified with the use of a little care before hitting the 'post' button. People with real deficits are still able to use spell check or an editor.

But for the most part a rare typo or misconstructed sentence is not the end of the world.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.