Would like to know the phone # for LL to report someone?

LadySevda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have reported a guy a few times for stealing groups. I stupidly made him owner of Shadow Hill Outlaws, Shadow Hill Slaves, and Shadow Hill Command. Being in gor i was companioned to him. But cuz i had rl for a few days he decided to abandoned me and let the sim go back to the the estates we bought it from. that day i left the shadow hill groups as the village didnt exsist. He had planned to run me out of my own groups so he can take control. Because of the Gorean Family Finder and Recruit group i had made as well for those in gor seeking famiy, home, owners, or slaves. He is trying to run me out of this group now as well as sl and gor. I would like to get this person and his alt for stealing groups from me. i have asked him to leave the family finder group but hes refused. he was also spaming my family finder group before with the shadow hill group as it did not exist. I would also like to somehow completely remove my groups even if he is still owner and im not. please help. Pretty much this isnt interpersonal. This goes against linden labs as he is trying to run me out of sl and disrupt my fun in this game.

11 answers to this question

Hi LadySevda,

We're residents, just like you. So we're unablet to do anything about the situation you describe.

The Second Life Community Participation Guidelines prohibit "Personal Negative Commentary", even if it's true. So, I'll advise you to remove any resident names from your post.

And, Linden Lab does not get involved in interpersonal disputes, which this is.

I recommend you file Abuse Reports for any behavior you think violates the SL Terms of Service or Community Standards.

Good luck!

• Like 2

If another resident has owner privileges, there's nothing you can do to get the group disbanded. In the future, do not give out owner rights to others. To maintain the two person minimum to keep a group alive, enroll an alt. There is no Linden Lab support phone number for issues other than billing. The main office number is 415-243-9000.

• Like 1

i have repeatedly called that number and all im getting they arent available. i have reported him more than once and i just want this dealt with. he has been trying to ruin my time on sl and if i leave the group like he wants it will be another group he takes claim for and i dont want. that. i really honestly believe LL should only allow one sl owner(creator) or allow the creator who is also owner to remove others from the ownership role incase this happens again.

Lady Sevda,

Please understand that you created this issue in the 1st place..

There is no reason whatsoever for you to grant anyone "Owner" status in a group you have founded. One you do this you lose control of the group and it's future. There is no such thing as stealing a group in SL.

Further if you had followed that simple rule then you could have ejected and banned this person from participation or membership in your privately managed theme or role-play oriented groups.

Everything else you describe is an interpersonal issue between the two of you.

The take away from your experience is this:

1) Never grant anyone "Owner" status of a group you have founded [ Granting this status to your own ALT is OK to do.]

2) These groups are not recoverable as they were originally conceived by you. [ Your voice is not the only voice in control so your co-owner can exceed his original authority as articulated by you and/or manage the groups anyway he sees fit.] You will need to abandon them completely after you have created new groups for your needs. Leave these groups only after you have successfully invited your current membership to your new groups.

3) If you own the parcels and land that your groups are trying to manage [You have deeded access to the lands to group members] then immediately remove the land group from control of the land. Create a new one and invite the remaining membership into your new group. This time manage the role of your Officers and create additional roles to assign to your trusted staff. [You can then ban your "ex" from the lands] you own. Additionally you can manage bad apples effectively in the future.

4) These original groups will always be out there and your "ex" will have control of them. So be "Interesting" in your new endeavors and not a victim. Your previous membership will go where their needs are being met. Don't assume that yours and your "ex"s drama isn't a factor when group members decide if they want to continue an association with either of you.

These are hard lessons but you can surmount them.

P.S. This issue can only be corrected by YOU. There is nothing Linden Lab will or can do in regards to ownership of the groups. The owner can spam their own group if that is what they desire to do. There is never any TOS violation issue against the owner of a group unless it is in the area of one of the absolute LL taboos [Ageplay, Child molestation, etc.]

• Like 1

With regard to your groups...

You can't delete the groups, but you may be able to make them unusable to your rival.

1. Create new groups.  Invite your own alt to them to "hold them open", groups require a minimum of two members
  2. Send out a group message and notice to everyone, telling them about the new groups and requesting that they join them (if your rival joins them, he won't be an owner, and you can eject him.)
  3. Notify your old groups that you are removing all the members, and encourage anyone who hasn't already done so to join the new groups.  Eject everyone.  You won't be able to eject your rival, of course...he's an Owner.  This will end up in one of two results.  a) Your rival will be left as the sole member of the groups, and they will be automatically disbanded within 48 hours, or b) your rival will invite his alt or some friends to join the old groups and they will continue under his ownership.

With regard to your land...

I have the impression that you were leasing land from an estate owner.  If that's the case, there are lots of vacant estate regions in SL, either with your old owner or another.  Yes, it will be a pain to relocate and redecorate, but that's about all you can do, unless your estate owner is willing to overlook all the Group Drama and let you resume using the land you had.

I'm sorry to say that I agree with the other posters here...you brought this on yourself by carelessness and trusting too readily.  Your rival has certainly messed things up good, but I cannot see he's done anything that LL will step in and reverse.  It's probably useless to report him.

• Like 1

A group founder can request that LL remove a group owner from their group. You must be the groups founder to request this. 

I do not know if LL will always honour such requests but I know it has been done before.

You appear to be the group founder of some of those groups you listed, so its worth a shot.

File a support ticket to make the request: https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/

• Like 1

Never ever make some one an owner   Create or use the one provide  for people you want to give powers to  but event managers  board members etc  should not be given full powers  Do they really not powers that have nothing to do with the job they are doing. Never give them the rights to sell groups own objects which includes deeded to group land

Dont even let your spouse boyfriend girlfriend have ownships

My ex destroyed my club  by kicking everyone out of the group

300 members

and i count stop her   I had to just sit there and watch her doing it  cause once some one is partner you cant take it way.  The have to quit.

Lesson Leaned Sadly

we were companioned in gor on secondlife. he got extremely upset cuz he had rl feelings for me but living in 2 different states wouldnt work out and i was asked out that same weekend i had gotten my new kitten. but i didnt expect the rl relationship either. we were running the groups as a team and figured it worked out. but cuz he thinks ive abandoned him as i had rl to deal with for 4 days he decided to abandon me and the village we made together. days later i found out he is trying to run me out of sl and my own groups. cuz the day i came back online the village was gone and i left my 3 gor groups i made which he tricked me into so he could have full ownership. now he is trying to take over my other group by doing the same. cuz i know once i leave hell instantly start adding people so there wont be time to shut it down. i miss the time where you have to have 3 or more people in the group to keep it open. i would think the best option for LL to do is only allow the creator to be the only owner and not allow anyone else to be added to that role.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.