Problem with TP in SL viewer 2.5.1, I can only TP once per session and then it boots me off.

Eien Sachin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since I upgraded to SL Viewer 2.5.1, I can only TP once per session then it boots me off when i try to go to a different sim.  I also happens when I walk from one sim to an adjacent one and then try to walk back.

I downloaded Phoenix Viewer and the problem does not show, so unfortunate is a problem ONLY with SL V2.5.1

4 GB Ram

Graphs:

NVidia GeForce 310M (latest driver loaded)

Please HELP !! I like SL v2 and would like to continue to use it.

16 answers to this question

Try taking off all your attachments. If you can TP with no problem, it might be because of one of those attachments. You can put them back on one by one and by process of elimination discover the one that is causing you problems. I use Viewer 2.5.1 also and I have no issues teleporting, so it is not the problem of the viewer per se.

Check the JIRA to see if there is a known issue with that viewer, its possible that its just not suited to some people...It happens.

If there is a JIRA, mark it to "watch" so you can see any progress on fixing it & in the meantime if you prefer the v2 format I would suggest trying the latest development viewer to see if that one works for you.

You can get that on http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

Also the 3rd party Kristen viewer is based on viewer2 I believe & Phoeinix Firestorm viewer is also v2 but that is still in the testing stages.

If there is no JIRA you can start one yourself (include your crash report log as that makes it easier to see what the cause was).

Check your firewall, particularly make sure that it is not blocking outbound TCP port 12043. You can also try turning down your bandwidth setting. The fact that you are fine on other viewers would imply that it is something specific to 2.5, so the JIRA may be your best option. Did you test to see if Kristen viewer will work for you in the meantime? http://www.kirstensviewer.com/Downloads

Well, you can try this, I found it in the resolved Answers section. I can not vouch for it's effectiveness, as I have not had to follow these instructions, but hopefully something here works:

While there can be all sorts of technical reasons that add to your problem (bad connection or low bandwidth, using wireless, a not quite cooperative firewall) which you maybe should check on in the future as well, here's a procedure that often fixes it at least short term:

in preferences clear your cache (in viewer 2 that's clear history)

take note where your cache is located on your harddrive (you can see that under setup in preferences)

clear your group cache in the advanced menu (if you do not see advanced in the menu bar, hit CTRL ALT D to make it show up)

close SL

find your cache folder on your harddrive. delete whatever is still in there. (but leave the folder as such where it is)

restart your rooter or modem if you have one (usually done by simply unplugging it from electricity, counting to 10, plugging it in again. if you have something fancier you probably know how to do it )

restart your computer

log back on, preferably to a region different from the one you logged out of.

For performance and appearance sake, open your inventory and wait till it's loaded.

as for the other things: keep in midn that SL uses lots of bandwidth. and what is more significant is that upload bandwidth is technically significantly smaller, however as important to run SL. so if you have a 2 k connection but try to run SL with 1k in your preference settings for bandwidth - you will sort of hit an invisible wall. SImply because your upstream is permanently clogged.

Do not attempt to teleport at a giant draw distance unless you know your graphic card and connection can handle the load of data coming in when connecting to a new sim.

And maybe check how many scripts and prims you are wearing in general. maybe you are just "too heavy" for your own computer.

Credit goes to: Nya Raymaker

Thank you Charlote, tried it all... I have a 10MB simmetric connection so that is not the problem, is quite stable. Checked firewall and there is no restrictions, I have completely removed and SL V2 from the computer including the files that are left on the HDD, also cleared group cache. For all this im using low graph so draw distance is set to minimum.

Thanks again...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4774 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.