Looking for someone to teach me about Bloodlines...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there,

I'm interested in learning more about the Bloodlines but want to learn from someone who's not just looking for another victim. (I will deny to play the "game" until I fully understand what it is, so don't even try.) Most of the information I've found have come from people that support it or are extremely against it claiming that it's a pyramid scheme and whatnot. I'm not looking for someone who just wants another victim and I'm not looking for someone who's just going to rant off the negatives to me about it either. I have several questions that I want to ask about it and want to ask someone who has quite a bit of experience with it, both the good and the bad. Drop me an IM or Notecard in world and I'll get back to you.

Thanks. 

http://slbloodlines.com/guide

You can read a lot of how the game develops, what are the objectives, there is a lot of info there before you get into the game,

anyone on it, will probably tell you they like it, and anyone out of it, probably got bored of it, it has a comunity base thing that is good if you like to belong to comunities and the like, and like a bit of drama and role playing, and of course dressing up, there are different roles you can take on bloodlines, but reading about all the aspects will help you, although to know what is about, or the interaction you will need to belong to it.

hope you have good times

Thanks! 

Yeah I'm well aware of the site but it doesn't really answer a whole lot of the questions I have. I've heard of people "not being able to quti" once they've started but they claim to sell things that stop the "curse". Wouldn't that effectively stop everything? I'm assuming people just complain that they can't get out of it without paying, but I don't want to get myself permanently stuck in anything either. It also doesn't really explain what happens when you "die" either. It mentions something about limbo and the abyss, but it doesn't really explain what that means. I've also noticed many rooms ban bloodlines which I'm assuming is the simple fact that most of them probably try to bite unsuspecting guests and stuff like that. I have a whole bunch of questions that can't be answered by looking at that guide. I appreciate the help though. :) 

I have never played blood lines but I can answer some of those questions listed, as with any game in sl nothing happens if you "die" you simply just dont play any more ...your not stuck in anything you dont want to be in , yeah sure your name will be on some database somewhere but so what it wont harm your avi in any way or make you have to play it forever or your soul will burn in hell etc.....so yeah sure try it and see what you think if you hate it just dont play simple as that is you love it then go for it and have fun!

Hmmm alright I kind of figured that was the case, but everyone makes a big deal about vampires and stuff when someone first joins SL so I just didn't know what the fuss was about. If you're not forced to play I don't see the problem. I suppose I'll try it out later. 

• 1 month later...

Any game like this is a pyrmaid scheme but with the right family/clan/horde it can be quite fun.

You can quit the game at any point in time by either letting yourself become destroyed or becoming a human again. As for the curse, it can be fixed with a potion. If you become a vampire or lycan or even a hybrid you can use one of their amulets to pause your feeding for x amount of time. If you're a hybrid, you only need one of them, not both.

When you die, you pretty much lose all souls that you were holding and nothing more. Only lycans, vampires and hybrids can die. Humans are pretty much safe. Everyone starts off as a human.

Limbo happens when you were bitten before you had started playing the game. Your soul won't go to that person until you buy any of the huds. You can buy a potion to use first to return your soul to yourself.

Abyss happens when the person holding your soul ends up dying. Your soul then lands in the abyss and can be returned to you. The next person to bite you will then become your new soul holder. You can force your soul to be swapped to any person that you trust at any given point by the use of a potion.

Many areas ban bloodlines because a lot of users who are soul happy like to randomly send up bite/scratch requests to anyone who is fresh meat. They are the kind of players who give the rest of us a bad name.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.