Do your avatars ever seem to have a life of their own?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know when you are writing fiction sometimes the characters seem to take on a life of their own, and when I'm making a doll sometimes one of them seems to have a definite opinion on what they should wear ("No, not the pink....I hate pink."), but now I'm starting to wonder if the same process is taking place with my avatars.

I'm running four avis right now - three because I wanted to save on tier while I was in my "I want to be a real estate mogul" phase, and one for when I wanted to be incognito, but now I find that each seems to have developed different quirks.

Maybe I'm just going crazy.

Rufferto wrote:

I know when you are writing fiction sometimes the characters seem to take on a life of their own, and when I'm making a doll sometimes one of them seems to have a definite opinion on what they should wear ("No, not the pink....I hate pink."), but now I'm starting to wonder if the same process is taking place with my avatars.

I'm running four avis right now - three because I wanted to save on tier while I was in my "I want to be a real estate mogul" phase, and one for when I wanted to be incognito, but now I find that each seems to have developed different quirks.

your not crazy, my avatar and me often disagree, you are not alone, lol

Rufferto wrote:

I'm running four avis right now - three because I wanted to save on tier while I was in my "I want to be a real estate mogul" phase, and one for when I wanted to be incognito,
but now I find that each seems to have developed different quirks.

There are meds for that :matte-motes-bored:

Well, Ren *is* my “incognito” avatar, so yes, when it logs in it tends to be more withdrawn; but I wouldn’t call that so much a “personality quirk” as simply the logical mood of the moment which made me log it in instead of my main account.

I thought that was the entire point of a virtual world.

Teri

((Why would I want to waste my time playing another copy of me?))

(((I might just as well talk to muself in a mirror.))

((((I just noticed I did one too many ooc brackets last time so maybe I will make it a thihg.))))

It's both common and necessary for characters to develop lives of their own. When Mark Twain wrote "The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson", the characters got so out of hand and multiplied in number to the point he had to push main characters down a well to make space for minor characters that had risen to overshadow them. It got so bad he had to dig another well. He finally split the story in two, creating "Those Extraordinary Twins".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.