how can I wear clothes with my avatar? 5 years ago it was different, so confused! help!

AsiaPhoenix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I used to play SL 5 years ago, now everything's changed, I forgot my past name and password so now I had to make a new account. I can't wear what I want... I have to wear my 'avatar' clothes and skin that I chose... how does it work??? please help me!!!

2 answers to this question

When you created your account and chose your avatar, you may have chosen one of the new mesh avatars.  You can't do much with them.

You have a choice.  Type "wear" in your inventory search and detach the avatar and alpha that goes with it.  You will then have the classic avatar that you are used to.

Your second choice is to buy another mesh avatar created by some of SL's top designers.  Some of these will allow you to wear some rigged or fit mesh clothes and change your skin with an applier created by the skin creator.  They also will allow you to wear system type clothing if you have an applier for it.  Many of the clothes merchants sell appliers for the most popular brands.

If you choose to go with another mesh avatar, get a bunch of them in demo form and try them out before buying.  Take a look on MP to see what clothes or appliers are available for your favorite one.  You want to get the one you like best and that has a broad selection of appliers and mesh clothes that will fit you.

Take off that Mesh avatar!

1.  Click the Avatars button, the top one on the left side of your screen

2.  Choose an avatar from the "Classic" group.  

Those are avatars like the ones you're used to.  You can edit their shapes, and wear different skins and clothing.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.