Someone has created a fake account of me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've dissolved my partnership with this person, and she has created a fake account of me to continue showing me as partner on her profile. My SL name is silvinawild and she is using wildsilvina as fake account. I feel outraged, I don't know if this kind of conduct is against ToS. Please help me, what can I do? Thank you!

If you are new the forums please don't take things personally. There are quite a few who are snappy. I don't know why they rather answer the question rude instead of just not answering but it is what it is. There's a troll that seems to have it out for me every time I post. Don't take it personal. There are kinder people in here. I've had lots of people help me and becomes friends with me over the years. 

As for your question Madelaine is right. Sadly there's nothing that can be done. I am sorry for the harassment.

I can see where Madelaine's response might come across as more friendly, but it is also fair to say that Pamela said the same thing. She used different words, but it also highlighted a point that should not have been overlooked.

One thing that is against ToS, and also overlooked: specifically using someone's avatar name here and making any type of accusation at all to defame them.

As a matter of fact, outing another's alts without their consent doesn't sound like a good idea either

Pamela,

You have not been rude at all, don't misunderstand me, please. I actually thanked you for answering, but your answer was not convincing enough for me, and that's why I preferred to wait for a better response than just "don't look to her profile", which is obvious. 

The weird thing is that this person has created a false identity of my own avi, and she uses the same display name and the same profile picture as mine (that is not forbidden but it is extremely shocking for me, in this case).

Best regards

Just like RL people in SL can have the same Display Name.  The only thing that is against the rules is if someone  does it to impersonate someone with the intent to commit fraud.

You ex though reversed the name and most people will see that it isn't you.  Creating a fake partner isn't considered fraud. It is actually kind of pathetic.

Just move on.  You'll do that faster if you refrain from looking at her profile.  So delete the calling card and take her off your friends list.

There is in fact point 6.1 (ii) of the TOS that might seem to apply, but I don’t know if it’s specific enough that, in practice, Linden Lab would act on a report made by you on those grounds.

Part of my skepticism is because a cold assessment of your situation is that your ex-partner has much more to loose by doing this than you, regardless of LL’s intervention. To begin with, your own profile will now show you as unpartnered no matter what she does, and though hers might trick some into believing that the old partnership still stands, anyone who cares enough about both of you to bother looking at your profiles is going to see that her partner is now a fake account of you (and remember than profiles include account creation date, so there’ll be no mistaking who the original Silvina is)... and I don’t need to tell you whose reputation is at risk when they see that she’s created and partnered an alt just to pretend that the relationship still stands... as Amethys said, it’ll be regarded as pathetic.

Your friends, even those you shared with her... in fact especially those you shared with her, will still have direct access to your profile, either to see that they’re in fact different accounts or, if needs be, IM you to ask for clarification. As for the rest of residents, they will simply not care enough who either of you is partnered to.

EBM5555 wrote:

First off, this is a crazy thread (not just the original thread but responses too)

To the poster = I am sure this is covered by SL's very blankety harrasment parts of tos.

Hope you know that with any harrasment case it is all about DOCUMENTING the irking and maddening things they pull. Ya know just cause this is going on inworld doesnt mean that the RL laws dont apply. Of course no ones cares that much because who has time or money but heck maybe you do. In that case you could easily have her rl idenity tracked down OR maybe you already know it and SUE her ass . You have some decent civil court grounds, this affects libel or is ir impersonating so then hmmmm more like idenity theft. It 2am not gonna build a case but hooe it makes you feel better. OHHH and The social skills on some peole? Am I right? But poster your cool respones when they tried to troll you repeatedly with their snarks... Well done . OP I bet your "soft skills always follow best practice" = hahaha thats a joke for smart people, amd no harm done cause the self righteous wont get it.

Just creating a display name the same as someone's user or display names is not a violation of the TOS or RL law.  LL will do nothing, especially since the OP stated it isn't exactly like his name but reversed.

The only reason LL will take action is like I said in my earlier post there is intent to commit fraud.  For instance, nobody can create a display name the same as my name and then go around telling people they own my SL company in an attempt to sell them something.

While I sympathize with the OP and do 'get' why he's upset, what his ex is doing belongs in middle school not SL and reflects poorly on her not him.  When people file for harassment, LL may monitor that person to see if they have done the adult thing or contributed to the situation in the past or are doing it now.  It is only in cases of extreme harassment that LL will step in.  LL is not a babysitter and neither are the RL courts.   Neither will step in and force a change because this doesn't rise to the level of extremes.  We are all adults here (except for the minors) and we are supposed to act like it and ignore this type of thing.  Blocking/muting/derendering are all tools LL has given us to do this.

EBM5555 wrote:

Ya know just cause this is going on inworld doesnt mean that the RL laws dont apply. Of course no ones cares that much because who has time or money but heck maybe you do. In that case you could easily have her rl idenity tracked down OR maybe you already know it and SUE her ass . You have some decent civil court grounds, this affects libel or is ir impersonating so then hmmmm more like idenity theft. It 2am not gonna build a case...

Yeah. Um, don't quit your day job, whatever you do.

EBM5555 wrote:

First off, this is a crazy thread (not just the original thread but responses too)

To the poster = I am sure this is covered by SL's very blankety harrasment parts of tos.

Hope you know that with any harrasment case it is all about DOCUMENTING the irking and maddening things they pull. Ya know just cause this is going on inworld doesnt mean that the RL laws dont apply. Of course no ones cares that much because who has time or money but heck maybe you do. In that case you could easily have her rl idenity tracked down OR maybe you already know it and SUE her ass . You have some decent civil court grounds, this affects libel or is ir impersonating so then hmmmm more like idenity theft. It 2am not gonna build a case but hooe it makes you feel better. OHHH and The social skills on some peole? Am I right? But poster your cool respones when they tried to troll you repeatedly with their snarks... Well done . OP I bet your "soft skills always follow best practice" = hahaha thats a joke for smart people, amd no harm done cause the self righteous wont get it.

Try telling this to Ebbe Linden on twitter.

ZoeTick wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Try telling this to 
 on twitter.

I wouldn't bother. He's a fake.

(Ask me how I know . . . )

How do you know?

I have answered you on Twitter, Perrie.

Now I'll need to remember my password......grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3218 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.