LL to increase groups from 42 to 60!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For premium members only... I really don't understand why they think premium members are the ones that spend the most in SL.  From what i have been hearing in various groups, the bigger desire is more Picks, not groups. aside from the usual, less lag, better sim crossings, better performance and the like. Most of which can be fixed by us with better systems and bandwidth...

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

For premium members only... I really don't understand why they think premium members are the ones that spend the most in SL.  From what i have been hearing in various groups, the bigger desire is more Picks, not groups. aside from the usual, less lag, better sim crossings, better performance and the like. Most of which can be fixed by us with better systems and bandwidth...

I don't think it has any thing to do with who spends the most $ (premium or not) my guess it's all about new benefits to encourage people to get a premium membership.  Sansar in got going to have the same land economy as SL dose I'd expect to see even more service related benefits like this for premium members over there.  The last 2 new premium perks were both service related.  I think LL is trying to get away from people thinking of premium memberships are just for land owners.

Fixing group chat and increasing the number of groups has been one of the top request for a long time.  I've only heard a few people asking for more picks in the forums, I only have a few not ever sure what the limits is, but if they gave us more I woulden't complain, but I expect they would all so be a new premium perk. 

Watch the TPV meeting with LL it's the best way to keep up with what LL is working on or not.  They have been working on fixing groups for some time, so not to surprised they are now able to increase the number of groups.  I lot of the speculation on what people think LL is doing would go away if more people watched those meeting.

If you know a lot of people that want more picks, have them request it here, it's the best way to get read by LL.

https://support.secondlife.com/suggestions/

I wonder if instead of more picks if it would be better to have 2 tabs of picks one for places, and the other for extra information you see in picks like store policy's, RP limits, etc that don't need to have teleport link in exchange for more word space.

No one knows what the new platform will or will not have, not even LL. If they really want people to join as premium members, do away with the yearly and quarterly billing and make the monthly $6 a month. Which is what the yearly breaks down to. Give people a 1024 plot or the ability to put that 1024 towards land and be done with it.

Giving "premium members" more viewer related perks does nothing but drive a wedge between them and the non-premium members. Customer service and land perks, hell yes. More groups? Seriously? If they dropped the monthly cost to match the yearly i would sign up. I just can't drop $72 in one shot. I bet a lot more would as well.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I really don't understand why they think premium members are the ones that spend the most in SL.

You are looking at it from the wrong point of view lol

Maybe they want people who spend the most to become (and stay) premium members? The thing is, an average shoppingoholic can spend L$20 or 30k with a blink of an eye, and 20k lindens once a year is a premium cost, right? Right now, there are tons of users with thousands and thousands of lindens in their daily $L transactions who have no use of becoming premium and this increased groups number is the first thing that might get them in.

And, once they sign in, many people stay premium even if they have no real benefits hoping one day it will pay off lol, its stupid I know, but I have heard it many times and I am one too, paying for Flickr pro but I don't really use it. But with LL it will happen that people will pay for premium just to get the groups and then cancel it lol

I am paying for 3 premium memberships so far, just because I need to use more than 42 groups!

( each of my premium has almost reach the limit already)

So, if they increase the limit to 60 that will make me happy and it will help me to buy more lands to rent them out to people !!!(Yes, I have each of my parcels dedicated to its personal - private group, I hate the 1 group for all parcels way)

So, YES! to the increasing!

cheers,

beethros Karas

It's actually already increased for premium members. If I read the announcement correctly, this is a pilot program and if it works as it should, more groups, though I'm sure not 60, witll be rolled out to everyone. This avi will be going premium when I get paid on Weds. I'm a merchant and I'm also an admin on an RP estate. Half my groups are related to the RP sim and then there's the store group as well as the various hunt groups I have to be in to participate in hunts. 60 is wonderful

I really don't understand the benefit of Premium membership on LL side. Yearly membership pretty much balances out with the stipend, add in the free land and it breaks even. Why not just do away with premium and give everyone the support and viewer bonuses. Drop the land and stipend. Maybe they could do more without having to worry about what to do for the premiums.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I really don't understand the benefit of Premium membership on LL side. Yearly membership pretty much balances out with the stipend, add in the free land and it breaks even. Why not just do away with premium and give everyone the support and viewer bonuses. Drop the land and stipend. Maybe they could do more without having to worry about what to do for the premiums.

It's a predictable source of hard currency. Stipends are only really a liability to Linden Lab when they're cashed out and they make profit on that exchange; the amount of "free" land is small enough that many are encouraged to buy more; thereby bringing in even more hard currency every month.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

I wonder if it's like Amazon Prime. If I'm to believe the "analysts" (Amazon does not report Prime economics), Amazon breaks even or loses money on Prime itself, but makes it back on significantly increased purchasing by Prime members. The net effect is a net profit.

L.L. thinks 'exclusivity' is more profitable. But as per usual the opposite is the case to their thinking in reality.

Price pumping, exclusivity, transfer only merchandising, and other similar philosophically based promotions from L.L. are all negative for the profit margin in reality. 

:matte-motes-crying:

I don't know how many premium accounts are of that type - having yearly membership with just 512 parcel, and even if there are many thats more of a loss than benefit for them and not really something we could call premium.

But I don't want to think "how to get the cheapest deal", what I thought is that the benefit for LL would be to attract people who spend money anyway, to spend it on premium and the best way to get them is to offer something valuable. Even if there are no more perks it can happen that pretty soon majority of business owners go premium just because of the marketing and management opportunities. 

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Giving "premium members" more viewer related perks does nothing but drive a wedge between them and the non-premium members.

The only real wedge between premium and non premium, are the premium only regions. I actually like that wedge in the premium only sandbox where it keeps the grieffers out.  I certainly don't judge other people by how many groups they can join or not.

I can understand some of the more "professional" players going premium, but I am continually astonished at the number who sign up before gaining inworld experience. Ignorance is LL's most effective sales tool, I suppose.

ZoeTick wrote:

I can understand some of the more "professional" players going premium, but I am continually astonished at the number who sign up before gaining inworld experience. Ignorance is LL's most effective sales tool, I suppose.

Coincidentally, I cancelled three Premium accounts, as well as divesting myself of all my mainland holdings.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3243 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.