Where did my lindens go?

Candie Upshaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I sent a friend 500 lindens ... but he never got them.

It seems that instead of '*edited out specific name* getting his gift, the lindens went to a *edited out specific name* who from the look of his profile, isnt around anymore! 

Any ideas how to get my hard earned lindens back? Yes, I did IM *edited for specific name* and explain that the gift wasnt meant for him and asked if he would please return the lindens asap!

6 answers to this question

i am sorry to hear your money was lost.

i would advice in the future to pull up your friend's profile directly from your friends list or calling card - that way you are certain it is the correct one, and not to rely on search, as names can be very similar.

checking the name more than once is also good advice. especially if it's an amount it's hard to part with.

As Peewee said, your only hope is that the person you accidentally paid is still active in SL, and is an honest and decent person who will give the L$ back to you. Linden Lab will not get involved.

There are many ways that a person can accidentally pay the wrong individual.

Your case was one of those. You IM'ed someone with a very similar name, and paid them without talking to them first, and it turned out to be the wrong person.

Another common problem is trying to pay someone while in a busy area, like a club, and when you click on what you think is your friend, you accidentally click on an invisible body part of someone between you, like a hidden set of wings, and pay them.

The best bet is to talk to the person before you pay them, so you're certain you got the right recipient. Be glad it was only L$500 (About $2.00 US), and not L$500,000 that you lost that way, and consider it a lesson learned.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.