Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer

Baron Patrucci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

For one reason or another Linden Lab has blocked your Device from using Second Life. This may be in error or because something you have done. I have two computers giving me this message right now btw. I have checked out all the options and the only thing you can do is open a support ticket. I have been waiting for them to answer mine for almost a month now. Now some people will say when you get this type of block "just change your IP addresses." You can try if you want but it looks like to me that they are reading the serial number off the mother board, yes new devices are being made with the code embedded in and it looks like some companies can read them. So there is really nothing you can do but Open a Ticket. Sorry, but that is all I know about this. :(

If you are a Premium member, go to LiveChat and they can fix you almost instantly, unless you have a geniune ban for being nawty, in which case you would have had an email.

If you are not premium, you will need to submit a ticket as previously suggested & that could take a while to be dealt with.

I had this once more then a year ago. I didn't know what to do and was rather surprised but one E-Mail to LL support fixed it. I asked what it might be or if I have been reported for soemthing that I am sure I have not done ( xP ) and I got an answer within one hour telling me that there are no issues and obviously they also checked my account and I could log in again.

LL support is rarely being thanked for what they do, but in this case it was quick and nice.

So the best thing to do is to contact LL support and see what they can do.

I could not find the EMail I got back then and indeed, LL seem not to provide any direct method of contacting them besides the ticket system:

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

I looked for it all over the site and while I might have overlooked it, I rather think, that it is gone. Therefore sorry that I could not be of more help, but this does look like the technical problem I had back then. After all, if LL blocks a account then they send a E-Mail that tells so. So even when using the ticket system the problem might still be resolved quickly.

Yes, tickets are the only answer for basic members & there is such a backlog with them that it can take a long time. If you have access to LiveChat it is a different story, when I had this problem it was fixed rightaway through LiveChat.

Thats why I was encouraged by your post about fixing it through email, it could have been an option for basic members, thanks for looking for it :)

Were you able to get this resolved as of yet?  If so, how long did it take you to have them resolve, I have had a ticket active for over a week and I am a premium member, I have missed 3 DJ sets and have been unable to do my jobs in world because I can not get on in anything but my neighbors computer, which ironically uses my wireless to access internet too...  I am growing frustrated at this point and wondering if premium membership really is worth it, I thought with it the support would be more instant to 1-2 days max, but this wait is getting a little longer than I like to pay 10 dollars a month for... I am giving it a few more days and if I dont get this resolved I will be downgrading my membership to a basic and canceling the premium services...  I dont believe in paying for something I can not use... 

I was told the same thing a week ago... I am premium and they have not instantly fixed this for me... few more days and I will be downgrading my account... I refuse to pay for something I can not even use...

What did they suggest that you do? Because they tell Basic members that the issue is not supported for Basic accounts and to upgrade to premium *bangs head on desk*.

I would go back to LiveChat and hopefully get an operator that is more helpful, remind them that you are paying for support!!!

@ scdaluz, I would not be so patient, you are correct, you are paying for support, make them fix it....Submit a ticket and talk to Live Chat again, also email support@secondlife.com and I would even call the free Billing number....No way I would a week for something I know they can fix in a few minutes (because they have done so before for me)

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.