What if...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Man, I haven't been inworld in a few years. A friend of mine tried sL for about 20 minutes but of COURSE the first thing that happened was some creepazoid following her around trying to "do teh sects".

Anyway so here are a couple what-if's...

For the residents who are at the height of their SL addiction (16 or more hours a day in some cases), what if they lost their web connection or the power was off for a few hours? How would they survive?

What if max prim allowance didn't exist on any rented land in SL? Like it just wasn't a factor? Would some residents have completely cluttered SL homes like their RL homes probably are?

What if there was some sort of block on new residents (maybe 30 days?) from doing adult activity? Would the "do teh sects" creepazoid population still loiter the noob spots in search of some new person all the time?

A big one - suppose SL followed the same rule as that "social media" site that is getting tired. Like say your avatar had to look as bad as the RL operator sometimes does with weight problems and all and have the same name. Would SL'ers then try to use SL to pretend their RL is better than what it really is? I know people on social media never do that HAHAHA sorry I cannot say that with a straight face... "Oh yes this 50 room mansion is modeled after my real home!"

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

Man, I haven't been inworld in a few years. A friend of mine tried sL for about 20 minutes but of COURSE the first thing that happened was some creepazoid following her around trying to "do teh sects".

...and some maybes. I can only really answer for myself of course.

For the residents who are at the height of their SL addiction (16 or more hours a day in some cases), what if they lost their web connection or the power was off for a few hours? How would they survive?

I work (hah, that's a laugh) from home, so I tend to be here a lot. I'm not addicted, I can stop any time I want. Web down? Yeah - been there a few times. My desk still has the bite marks in it.

Seriously, I managed before SL, and I will after it. After all, there's UT, UT2004, UT2, The Witcher 1, 2 and now 3, oh, and there are some lively hills opposite my house that I sometimes spend more time climbing than I do at home.

What if max prim allowance didn't exist on any rented land in SL? Like it just wasn't a factor? Would some residents have completely cluttered SL homes like their RL homes probably are?

Mine's not rented, but the same principle applies. Not cluttered, but there would certainly be more furniture and 'little' things, like light switches on the walls, tea spoons with the cups ands saucers, that sort of thing. I would hate living next to others even more though;
they
make enough mess as it is. Better leave things as they are.

What if there was some sort of block on new residents (maybe 30 days?) from doing adult activity? Would the "do teh sects" creepazoid population still loiter the noob spots in search of some new person all the time?

I guess they would. As in real life, they probably talk about *it* a lot more than they actually do it, and they could still talk about it.

A big one - suppose SL followed the same rule as that "social media" site that is getting tired. Like say your avatar had to look as bad as the RL operator sometimes does with weight problems and all and have the same name. Would SL'ers then try to use SL to pretend their RL is better than what it really is? I know people on social media never do that HAHAHA sorry I cannot say that with a straight face... "Oh yes this 50 room mansion is modeled after my real home!"

Mansion... you mean this little old place? Well, I did model it after my estate...

Snapshot_498a.jpg

Hmm, if I had unlimited prims, I could have more yachts...

Maybe they'd sleep it off.

It always cracks me up to see people put up houses that don't leave enough prims for them to be properly furnished.  Mansions with only a few pieces of furniture would actually be properly furnished.  Other homes would have more detail in what's in them to make them more like RL.  

Probably, if for no other reason than to have someone lined up for day 31!

Unless LL sent identity police around,  how would anyone know otherwise?

Alot of assumptions about other peoples motivations and problems although you know nothing and can only guess. Everything on a negative viewing angle nothing positive.

You find what you seek :)

You have my pity and I can imagine why you weren't in SL for a long time. Good decision :)

So she learned to mute. Would have had to anyway, sooner or later.

By noticing that they don’t actually die after it happens. A small fraction of them might actually learn something from that surprising fact.

Ain’t gonna happen, and as I see little point in discussing practical impossibilities, I’ll just point out that prim allowance is one way by which some residents don’t overload the region’s (and other users computers’) capabilities.

Even if they were prevented from entering Adult regions, they would try just the same in General areas.

Perhaps a bit less, but again, I can’t imagine how Linden Lab would enforce strict RL-to-SL personal facts matching. Even Facebook doesn’t really shine at it.

Man,
I haven't been inworld in a few years
. A friend of mine tried sL for about 20 minutes but of COURSE the first thing that happened was some creepazoid following her around trying to "do teh sects".

That explains why you lol'ed at someone else who admitted to an 80K inventory.  Puts that one in perspective.

If your friend had been advised by you to block and ignore anyone who disturbs her karma perhaps she might have 'tried it' for more than 20 minutes.  Or not.

I'm sorry.. I was a bit pent up that day.. She was very hawt.. She had on a short skirt.. Umm.. It wasn't my fault!!!  She had on mesh boobs and a booty that you could have a 5 course meal on.

• 2 weeks later...

Over my addicticon days  but then bad withdrawl  felt it in my gut.  reall resltess   its surviable  lol  

not clutterd   but i would every type of business going vertical  

text and the imaginations are wonderful when used to gether

A big one - suppose SL followed the same rule as that "social media" site that is getting tired. Like say your avatar had to look as bad as the RL operator sometimes does with weight problems and all and have the same name. Would SL'ers then try to use SL to pretend their RL is better than what it really is? I know people on social media never do that HAHAHA sorry I cannot say that with a straight face

would miss  being  called  wow your are so sexy lol   but since everyone less attactive i think it would be same

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3236 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.