Fixing a script

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been working with this script for weeks. It's originally made for big avatars, but I am a tiny avie and I need to be able to lower my avatar down. The script uses this to move the avie on a sit command: <x, y, z, s> I need to know what the x, y, z, and s does to my avatar and specifically what moves it u and down.

Atlantis Jewell

None of that does.  If you have value reported as <x, y, z, s>, you are looking at a rotation, not a vector.  If you want to move an object up or down you will need to change the z component of a vector that describes the object's position.  You cannot move an avatar directly with a script, however. You can only move something that the avatar is sitting on, so your position vector has to be a vector that describes the object that you are sitting on.

To see, make a box and drop this script in it .....

integer gSwitch = -1;default{    touch_start(integer num)    {        llSetPos(llGetPos() + <0.0,0.0,1.0 * (gSwitch = -gSwitch)>);    }}

Click it and it should move up. Click it again and it should move down.  Now sit on the box and do it.

The script is alternately changing the Z component of the position vector by +1.0 or -1.0 m each time you click.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.