Can't download sl

Mayasiaa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Um....  That's not a Second Life problem.  NVidia GeForce is a program that supports the graphics card on your computer.  It has nothing to do with Second Life.  As their error message says, though, you do need to have a NVidia graphics card in your computer.  Otherwise, it makes no sense to download the software to control one.

Hi Mayasiaa,

I'm going to guess that your computer either has integrated graphics or an AMD graphics chip. That would explain why trying to load the latest Nvidia drivers won't work. As Lindal said in her response to your first question here, the viewer may be complaining that it either:

1. Can't find a compatible graphics driver
  2. Can't find compatible graphics hardware

It the problem is #1, you try to solve it by determinng just what kind of graphics hardware your computer has and then getting the most up-to-date driver available for it. If the problem is #2, you will have to either upgrade your graphics card (if possible), upgrade your computer, or find a better way to spend your spare time than in SL (that may not be hard to do!).

I'm not a Windows user, but I'm sure there is some way to discover the kind of graphics hardware your PC contains. Hopefully someone will come along to show you how.

Aha.   If Maddy is right and you really don't know what kind of graphics card you have in your computer, click the Start icon on your desktop and then Control Panel >>> Devices & Printers >>> Device Manager >>> Display Adapters  .  It will tell you right there what the name of your graphics card is.  I'm betting that it's not NVidia.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3255 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.