Which country . . .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Magnus Brody wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

. . . would you emigrate to if they kicked you permanently out of the one in which you currently reside, and you could go anywhere?

I'd move to Bermuda.

Thanks for the heads up; anywhere but Bermuda.

You wouldn't return to Scotland?

Ah, that's right, it's not a separate country.

ZoeTick wrote:

. . . would you emigrate to if they kicked you permanently out of the one in which you currently reside, and you could go anywhere?

I'd move to Bermuda.

Do they tolerate grammar nazis there?

But as for me, probably Australia, somewhere on the Gold Coast.  And yes, I have been there.

mikka Luik wrote:

Sweden. As l (two dots over o) ng as you d (two dots over) not

Been there.

B(two dots over an o)(two dots over an o)ze is t(two dots over an o)(two dots over an o) expensive.

And the Danes claim they are stupid.

ZoeTick wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

But as for me, probably Australia, somewhere on the Gold Coast.  And yes, I have been there.

Do you have a criminal record?

Or is that no longer a prerequisite?

I will plead the Fifth.

Though tonight I may actually drink it.

Probably Japan, and more specifically Hokkaido.  Great food, great 'air quality', sake, stunning beauty, plenty of golf courses, but not too much time to play and be outdoors, it gets cooold very quick.  And the older I get the more I hate the cold.  So I would have to have a summer home in Portugal or Brazil, or both.

The only issue I have with the country(s) I selected is that I would hate to 'live' any place where I would be considered illiterate.  If I can't read and write the language I would never feel like it was home.   That's one of the big reasons why Canada is definitely off my list. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I will plead the Fifth.

Did the Brits have fifths?  We haven't had them for many years.  I laughed, but I wonder if your humor translates across the pond. 

DejaHo wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I will plead the Fifth.

Did the Brits have fifths?  We haven't had them for many years.  I laughed, but I wonder if your humor translates across the pond. 

It does. Everybody marginally literate over the age of 40 this side of the Atlantic has read Mickey Spillane, Raymond Chandler and Dashiell Hammett, to name but a few whose anti-heroes espoused a copious interest in cheap booze.

DejaHo wrote:

Probably Japan, and more specifically Hokkaido.  Great food, great 'air quality', sake, stunning beauty, plenty of golf courses, but not too much time to play and be outdoors, it gets cooold very quick.  And the older I get the more I hate the cold.  So I would have to have a summer home in Portugal or Brazil, or both.

The only issue I have with the country(s) I selected is that I would hate to 'live' any place where I would be considered illiterate.  If I can't read and write the language I would never feel like it was home.   That's one of the big reasons why Canada is definitely off my list. 

Hark!

As long as you know the rule for 'icing' and who won the war of 1812 you are more than welcome.

DejaHo wrote:

Wha? Aint da New Yawk accent alot like da Canadian one?  Eh? EH?

ZoeTick wrote:

I'd move to Bermuda.

Belize here I come....

85px-Coat_of_arms_of_Belize_svg.png

Motto: "Sub Umbra Floreo"

"Under the shade I flourish"

ZoeTick wrote:

mikka Luik wrote:

Been there.

B(two dots over an o)(two dots over an o)ze is t(two dots over an o)(two dots over an o) expensive.

And the Danes claim they are stupid.

...because they have beaten the Danes way too many times, when playing football...and now in The Eurovision Song Contest too.

Muletta wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

mikka Luik wrote:

Been there.

And the Danes claim they are stupid . . .

...because they have beaten the Danes way too many times, when playing football...and now in The Eurovision Song Contest too.

. . . and have no sense of humour.

[When did Sweden last win the European Championship? When Denmark won it in in 1992, it was with a team that interrupted their summer holidays briefly to do so, as they were only invited to play at the last minute.]

ZoeTick wrote:

Muletta wrote:

ZoeTick wrote:

mikka Luik wrote:

Been there.

And the Danes claim they are stupid . . .

. . . and have no sense of humour.

[When did Sweden last win the European Championship? When Denmark won it in in 1992, it was with a team that interrupted their summer holidays briefly to do so, as they were only invited to play at the last minute.]

Yes, yes, I know. But this hereditary enmity goes back a longer time.There has been 103 international football matches between Denmark and Sweden, and most times, Sweden has beaten Denmark . 

But that hasn’t prevented Denmark from naming a hair-do, from their rivals, known as the Swedish-hair.

Swedish-hair.jpg

Well, I didn't officially get kicked out of my country but when the president said "No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." I flead the country and moved to Thailand which is 95% Buddhist thus atheist. That was 1987 and I have not seen a reason to go back as the country has gone to crap because of that sort of thinking. There are now more than 65,000 Amreicans living in the city I live in and about 250,000 Americans living in the country. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3257 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.