Whats the most you spent on in SL?

mirbaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This thread so old, the British Museum wants it back.

I guess the most I've spent on a single item would be my mesh head. Although technically it wasn't all one item cos it's one of Catwa's pre-Bento ones, for which you buy the animation packs separately. If you buy everything, it's still cheaper than a Bento head, but not by much. 

I'm pretty sure I have at least one plot of land that cost me more than 60,000L. If not now, then in the past I have had one or more that cost even more than that...

Over time though... the land process has been funded largely by the sale of the previous spot...

I own four different double-prim multiple side protected lots, and two water lots... so they actually have potential to be sold for much more than this, but I usually sell them for no more than what I need to replace them, when I do sell one.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

I just spent about 25,000L$ on a full avie makeover a couple weeks ago. But it was all carefully planned and budgeted. So, yeah, that's the most I've spent and planned to spend in a single project - and all of it was : Body, Head, Skin, and one "effects" HUD. You, that's it. Body, skin, and HUD alone were 15,000L (Head and matching skin rounded things out) Hahaha

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

idk and  tbh I wouldn´t... want to

last night I talked to a friend how back in the days it was "I cash 50€ in, 5 mins later I´m drowning in at least 50 new boxes to unpack"... my inventory was about as much as my VW Polo when it was brand new.... I´ve started to clean out the inventory though (yeah I know I should hoover the car, too, shush and hush willya :P  it´s not THAT dirty!!)

Edited by Akasha Sternberg

I've rarely spent anything at all in SL but the most I remember spending on one thing was probably 7500L for a 512 parcel. That was back when 5000L for a 512 was quite cheap and 7500L was the average going rate. When I saw cheap(ish) parcels I'd buy them and sell them straight away at a profit, but I'd only pay 7500L for a parcel that I wanted for my own use.

Edited by Phil Deakins

Just now, Akasha Sternberg said:

my sis dropped me the hint to browse MP with the exact name of the item (if possible)... there´d be some reselling steal deals

Yeah i do that now. Plus i avoid certain gacha machines, cuz some of them are rigged af. Usually i have a pretty reasonable luck, sometimes even extra.

• Like 1

This is a great excuse to show off my new boat which cost me 4,000 a few weeks ago, the most I have ever spent, but well worth it for the fun it provides:

Snapshot_003.png.3eae1e499b62ae977f21bc9510d25389.png

In the background, to the right, is my other favourite boat, a Shields, which is also great fun, for zero cost!

Most expensive single purchases...

Matched sets of boots, gloves and corsetry from Rosal...

Full set of Tueur-2 for about 3000, a couple or three sets at 2200 a pop, spread over a couple of alts.

The set in this pic was one of the 'cheap' 2200 sets...

596ae630cff61_Kly-DrowinWhjite.thumb.png.94ec5af13738d026a9384e81577cd88f.png

On 3/13/2018 at 5:05 PM, Malendryn Tiger said:

Too bad this is such an old thread,   I once paid $800,000L to buy a furry in a tail sale.   I never intended to do that, but there was another bidder that was so sure of himself he was just pissing me off and begging to be shown up!  So every time he bid, I doubled it!  (True story!)

Necro2.jpg

I think on a person, who over many years had thousands of RL $ from me, and really shouldn't've taken it all as they did, but there you go!

Also, a L$12k sex bed for the above person!

Thankfully, I have less expensive 'friends' now

I did recently pay out over L$1k for a single pair of boots though, which is way more than even my thigh high leather BAX ones!

Yep, it gets expensive here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2232 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.