Deploy for the week of 2015-05-18

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the server maintenance project, which was previously on all RC channels

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/15#15.03.11.299741

Scheduled Tuesday 2015-05-19 03:00-09:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

No Roll

Second Life RC LeTigre:

No Roll

Second Life RC Magnum:

No Roll

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira.

This release TOTALLY broke my sim Lochme. It recalculates the LI of objects that have Alpha masking so that a 2 prim tree is now 200 - this put my sim about 8000 prims over and stuff returned ALL OVER THE PLACE. I need my sim rolled back (yes, I filed a ticket) and the CODE reverted too - at least until I can remove Alpha Masking from each and every single object in the sim - or some other kind of remedial solution.

HELP!!!!!

Caleb

I don't know if this has anything to do with the latest Main Server roll or not, but on my home sim, Woods of  Heaven, currently sim 9053, I see our boat on the mini- and world-maps, despite it having been taken over 24 hours ago!

Now I know the maps tend to lag a bit but 24 hours?  Surely Not?

So is this symptomatic of a problem or is this "just one of those SL things"? :smileyfrustrated:

OK, I can confirm that it's not JUST a calculation but with alpha masking, regular mesh objects are also impacted. I reverted to blended alphas and the items affected still show crazy LI numbers, so I'm unable to fix this. I need a resolution from LL.

Support performed a rollback - and the numbers aren't crazy anymore - but the region version is the same.... What the heck?!! Can someone please explain exactly what happened? Am I always going to be at risk now of a region restart trashing my sim?????

is this little evil gnome who goes round doing bad things

all kinds of people have tried to like squish him for years. but he is way to evil for them to catch him

or something

+

some people say there isnt any gnome and is always or something

but that just shows the true evilness of him

(:

Sharie Criss wrote:

Support performed a rollback - and the numbers aren't crazy anymore - but the region version is the same.... What the heck?!! Can someone please explain exactly what happened? Am I always going to be at risk now of a region restart trashing my sim?????

What a nightmare -- whatever LL did to your sim, I pray they don't do to any of mine.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.