my profile keeps on getting deleted how do i fix that?

Kathya Szczepanski

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

have you looked at your profile on the web page and been deleting stuff from there?  these days you can change your profile inworld or on the web it seems and it flows through to the other.

the only two other things I can think of is that there's a bug in the profile code and you've found it

or

someone is logging onto your profile page on the web and deleting all the info just to drive you crazy - I don't think you can delete picks from there, nor groups. (this is highly unlikely of course and really I'm just being silly)

If no-one else can come up with something reasonable, I'd say lodge a ticket with LL/chat with support and see what they say.

while I can't give you a guaranteed fix, I can tell you that you are not the only one having this problem....

please go here log in and select watch to get e-mail updates on this problem (and maybe someone will come up with a solution)

in the mean time, if you have been editing your profile from within the SL viewer, instead log into to your profile page directly in an external browser, and edit it that way instead.... if you have been updating it from the web page, then use the veiwer instead.

if neither of those help, you can try installing a Third Party Viewer (please be sure to set a differen cache location for each viewer and restarting that viewer before logging in) and edit your profile from that viewer, using the old style profile editor (this method has been know to work, and has not failed so far)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4791 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.