Sign in to follow this  
JohnQ Ballyhoo

llHTTPRequest from one prim to HTTP-in server in another prim gets 504 timeout?

Like the subject says, HTTP - HTTPin from prim to prim fails with a 504 timeout.  I'm suspecting the sim proxy server is rejecting the incoming 12046 port number.

Is there a way around this or am I just doing something wrong?

JohnQ Ballyhoo

Fails every time if sent from inworld prim using llHTTPRequest.  Works every time using external browser.

I'm just guessing on it being related to the port number, but the 504 error is a gateway/proxy timeout.

Script excerpt is:

_url = "http://sim2556.agni.lindenlab.com:12046/cap/a21e6222-97be-2e73-b920-65823372d300/?";
_method = [HTTP_METHOD, "POST", HTTP_MIMETYPE, "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"];
_key = llHTTPRequest(_url , _method, "cmd=" + _cmd + "&o=" + _p1 + "&u=" + _p2);

you using a post request to feed a form?... that doesn't seem right...

but at any rate I see that your body is not escaped with llEscapeURL, you also have a seach indicator in your address but no search string.

if encoding the body doesn't work, and and ditching the search string doesn't help, try reformatting your call as a get, change the mimetype back to text, and move the encoded body into the url line (after you put back the search indicator) and then process the seach string on the other end instead of the body....

• Like 1

Void Singer wrote:

you using a post request to feed a form?... that doesn't seem right...

Erm, that's what HTML forms do.  GET a page, POST a form, PUT throwaway stuff.  Mind you, I'm glad I'm doing nearly all this stuff off-world now, it's an awful lot easier ^^