Land confusion: The mystery of the missing contributions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been in SL for a long time now. I joined way back when SL was giving out those free 512x2 parcels to everyone who became a part of it. I and several other people then merged our free parcels into a 2048 sq ft. property that we all shared. 

Today, I was made aware of the fact that the land that the group owns... doesn't actually belong to us. Or doesn't seem to. I am unable to set the options for the land, despite owning it for all this time; they just revert to no one having any rights on the property. Even though all my objects are still there and I have some limited control over the property, by all appearances it's no longer mine, or in someone else's control.

The property that I was given appears to have been taken back, without notification, in some odd manner that both leaves me as owner of it... and doesn't. And without evicting me from it, or charging me in any way to keep it. (Which it shouldn't anyway, since it was given to me as a free gift.)

Does anyone know what's going on with this, and how it can be remedied? Did LL just reclaim all the "gifts" they gave out without warning, or did I *miss* said warning? Will I have to start paying tier on the "free" property I was given now in order to keep it? Why is there no communication as to there being any sort of problem with my owning the property, and yet no control over said property belonging to me? And if the land was given by LL, and donated to the group... why doesn't it show that I even HAVE land to give or donate anymore?

It sounds like you should contact support for their help or follow the steps outlined here to reclaim group land?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079#Reclaiming_group_land

or maybe this article will be more helpful?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079#Managing_objects_on_group-owned_land

@ Jessica Rang 

Herein lies the problem. When I started, I was given 512 sq. meters of land.

It was combined with two other 512 sq. meter plots into a single larger plot.

When I look under "My Land...", the system is telling me I HAVE no land at all, not even the original 512 sq. meters.

I am seeing now that one of the people who contributed to that has quit the game, but that should have only reduced the plot size, not put it to zero.

@ Deltango Vale

Are the problems I'm speaking of some of the ones that have been occuring?

I just want to be sure it's not some change that LL put into effect causing the problem.

I would hate to have the land I've owned since I started and the house I built for friends both suddenly be reclaimed without warning by LL; that place has a lot of history and a lot of good memories associated with it.

People are still at least *trying* to use it, even now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.