Here is a general questions which doesnt fit anywhere, for NO POINTS (as if you cared)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Domitan Redenblack wrote:

- Can you switch off the "you were here when you logged out" picture?

That would be in the viewer? I don't know but sort of like it.. refreshes my memory:smileywink:

Yeah. And it can be a nice surprise when you want to show SL to your Dad <any other familymember>, and forgot in what place/mood ..ehm...you logged off the night before....

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Hi Domitan. I don't believe there is since that is the screen shot of your last location. But, perhaps someone more knowledgeable then I am might know something different.

I'm only replying to you to find out your name :) It's hard to read on the black forum badge.

You can disable this in Phoenix under Preferences --> Phoenix --> tab "Page 1" --> tab "TP/Login" --> Disable Login Progress Screen.

If you use a Linden viewer, you could delete the image file instead. It is located in the same folder as your chat- and IM logs. On Windows 7 or Vista systems, this is usually C:\Users\*your user account name*\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\*your SL account name*\screen_last.bmp

The first and last name of your SL account are separated by an underscore ( _ ). So if your Windows login name was Baconsandwich, the screen_last.bmp would be in C:\Users\Baconsandwich\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\Domitan_Redenblack\

In some cases, there is also a screen_home.bmp. I have no idea what the difference is between the two files, but both might be shown during login (I assume it depends on if you log in or out at your home location or elsewhere). Both files can safely be deleted, in which case the viewer will show a generic picture during the login process.

The file deletion can be automated with an executable batch file. Create a new text file on your desktop or in a start menu folder (right click --> New --> Text Document), open it, enter the following two lines, and replace Baconsandwich with your user name:

DEL /F /Q /A C:\Users\Baconsandwich\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\Domitan_Redenblack\screen_last.bmp

DEL /F /Q /A C:\Users\Baconsandwich\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\Domitan_Redenblack\screen_home.bmp

If you have alts, you might want to add their folders too. Simply duplicate the two lines and replace Domitan_Redenblack with your alt name(s). Then save the text file, rename it, and change the file extension from .txt to .bat. Now you only need to remember to run this batch file after you log out of SL. Alternatively, you can switch to the Phoenix viewer :)

I know with imprudence at the bottom of the screen you can select wether to log in at the last place you visited, log in at your home, or log in at a specified region.  When you pick to log in at your home an image of your home is displayed instead.  Some reason you don't want to be reminded of where you last were?  ;)

Knutz Scorpio wrote:

I know with imprudence at the bottom of the screen you can select wether to log in at the last place you visited, log in at your home, or log in at a specified region.  When you pick to log in at your home an image of your home is displayed instead.  Some reason you don't want to be reminded of where you last were? 
;)

I hate the long delay while a hi-res snapshot is taken of where I last was when I quit, thanks!

Locking that file has cut the Quit-time in half.

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.