Why does my post not post?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I assume you're still in Chrome?

Are cookies enabled at:- Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings... > Cookies > Allow local data to be set

Is Javascript allowed at:- Settings > Advanced Settings > Privacy > Content Settings... > Javascript > Allow all sites to run JavaScript

It'd be interesting to know if anything looks different on the pages (e.g. your post count), as well as whether or not the failed .posts also appear on All Posts at any point (I'd assume not). If you can 'Edit' one of your phantom posts and paste the URI from the address bar here, that too would be good to see.

If I see this happen to my own posts I will take a look.

You may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they're not out to get you. :)

Thanks. That rules out the obvious stuff at least. :D

Pamela Galli wrote:

Dont have a copy of the post :smileyfrustrated:

Sorry, I'll be more clear. After you make a 'phantom post', in the brief window wherein it can be edited (since you say that you see it append to the end of a thread before it disappears). If you do edit the post, can you? And from this Edit Message page, could you copy the URI from the address bar to a notepad file?

I realise it's an awkward ask, since you can't tell which posts will be phantom. I'm mostly interested to see if it's posting it to "the wrong place" - not the thread you're intending to respond to.

As feedback, I've been posting semi-frequently today through Chrome and not yet seen this. 

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Silly me, thinking it could be the technology at fault instead of the processes.
:D

Nicely done, Perrie!

I wasn't the one who discovered it, just remembered that thread.

IF LINDEN LAB DOES NOT WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT SLU THEN THEIR CEO'S NEED TO STOP POSTING OVER THERE.  ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.