Bans not sticking

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can someone point me to relevant current JIRAs about bans not sticking? I remember reading something not too long ago about conditions under which bannees do not stay banned but I cant remember what those conditions are.

I pissed off my landlord about 3 years ago, and he banned me on every sim he has estate rights on, about 350, or so he bragged. It was no big deal, every once in a while i'd hit the ban and shrug and move on.

Well i joined a fun group a few months ago, and was able to visit the club house. Then one day,  I found I was banned (turns out it was one of his sims). Since then  I find  I can get back in every couple of weeks or so for a few days.

I thought that since he was so good at making enemies that maybe I kept dropping off the sim ban because he maxed out (500 names) and had to manually re add me.

Its nice to know theres a LL glitch that works for me for a change.

:)

The land sub forum has a general discussion, should you have not posted this question there? It's funny that when certain people post on this forum, the snark is held back. I googled it and found the answer quick. I see it's okay for you to ask for help on the GD forum when answers or the sub forum mentioned above would have been appropriate. You do have some borderline rude replies to others. I hope you can find some empathy for non-professional, new users of the Second life forums.

Actually, I remembered the discussion I referenced (and whose participants I wanted to hear from) was in General Discussion, though I could not find it in forum search. Mikka, however, mentioned SLU, where just now I was able to find it, along with the JIRA links -- in their General Discussion. Whirly, who posts here as well, posted the links.

So, right sub forum, wrong forum.

I do generally try to be considerate and respectful of other forum readers, by not cluttering up forums with random threads. I realize it is considered "mean" to support having standards or expectations of any kind for anyone, but as a schoolteacher I long ago took up the mantle of imposing order and civilization on chaos, and it is too late to cast it aside now. 

It is stupid of LL to fail to distinguish General Discussions in the People section from General Discussions in the Land section, for example, in the Latest Posts listings.

Wouldn't it be simpler to rename the Land General Discussions section to Land Discussions.

Same for the Adult version.

And may be I should be posting this explanation and recommendation in the Forums Feedback section, which, although classified as part of the People forum, is not included as a subforum in that section.

You will be examined on this at a later date.

ZoeTick wrote:

It is stupid of LL to fail to distinguish General Discussions in the People section fromGeneral Discussions in the Land section, for example, in the Latest Posts listings.

Wouldn't it be simpler to rename the Land General Discussions section to Land Discussions.

Same for the Adult version.

Yes!  Plus rename the confusing "Answers". Plus... well a whole lot more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3265 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.