Sign in to follow this  
vivacious Clarity

Help!!! Depressed RPer

SO I have been on a Second Life Break for a while And have came back to Nothing! My old RP sims GONE! Yes I know RP is dying ....but please Pweeez! Help lol.... I don't know how many people are as passionate about RP as Iam but Iam completely in love and I need a nice place to fullfill my roleplay desires! For personal reasons I am avoiding Crackden and Deadend and Asphyxiation Point... Iam not that into Dark RP either... Iam just looking for a community of people who enjoy rp as much as i do and who hopefully are a little bit more active than most sims lol I have already RPd at CD, DE, Eureka High, Rocky Valley, Giano Estates ...I need something new.. I LOVE School roleplay... not just the naughty parts though lol Im more into actually playing out an everyday role.. going to classes, joining a sorority.. exc.. I also LOVE family Rp.. with the police stations and fire departments and criminals lol BUT sometimes the best Roleplay sims like that are just too big like somersley and Giano are just too big for me to get to know anyone ..especially when im a lone wolf... I want a tight knit sort of RP community where i can get to know everyone and stuff lol .. well any suggestions are helpful... Thank you guys so much! ...

PS: Also interested In Joining An active RP Family.... Current age 21 (But  thats workable!) Message me :)

SO I have been on a Second Life Break for a while And have came back to Nothing! My old RP sims GONE! Yes I know RP is dying ....but please Pweeez! Help lol.... I don't know how many people are as passionate about RP as Iam but Iam completely in love and I need a nice place to fullfill my roleplay desires! For personal reasons I am avoiding Crackden and Deadend and Asphyxiation Point... Iam not that into Dark RP either... Iam just looking for a community of people who enjoy rp as much as i do and who hopefully are a little bit more active than most sims lol I have already RPd at CD, DE, Eureka High, Rocky Valley, Giano Estates ...I need something new.. I LOVE School roleplay... not just the naughty parts though lol Im more into actually playing out an everyday role.. going to classes, joining a sorority.. exc.. I also LOVE family Rp.. with the police stations and fire departments and criminals lol BUT sometimes the best Roleplay sims like that are just too big like somersley and Giano are just too big for me to get to know anyone ..especially when im a lone wolf... I want a tight knit sort of RP community where i can get to know everyone and stuff lol .. well any suggestions are helpful... Thank you guys so much! ...

PS: Also interested In Joining An active RP Family.... Current age 21 (But  thats workable!) Message me :)

Hi there!

We do have some student positions at the art institute I manage - also a household where you'd be welcome to join. The very aim of the house is to create a tight knit community. The only thing is we are open to stories potentially exploring dark themes - there are none as of yet, but we do have a paranormal element and a few story gears in the works that might lead to a bit of interesting drama in the future!

That said, you wouldn't have to participate in anything you felt was too dark for you. On the whole the household is full of people chilling together after their various days, sharing meals, or going to RP classes/sessions at the Art School.

Kagoshima, Bridgewater City and Paradise City is the two roleplay towns i go to. I'm the same, I dislike dark roleplay but i just love roleplay.

Although Paradise City is just one sim and adult rated

Kagoshima is a english based sim for family roleplay (i think) and a lot of sims

Bridewater City is one sim based on residence and another sim based on policedepo, hospital etc etc

vivacious Clarity wrote:

SO I have been on a Second Life Break for a while And have came back to Nothing! My old RP sims GONE! Yes I know RP is dying ....but please Pweeez! Help lol.... I don't know how many people are as passionate about RP as Iam but Iam completely in love and I need a nice place to fullfill my roleplay desires! ........  Iam just looking for a community of people who enjoy rp as much as i do and who hopefully are a little bit more active than most sims lol I have already RPd at CD, DE, Eureka High, Rocky Valley, Giano Estates ...I need something new.. I LOVE School roleplay... not just the naughty parts though lol Im more into actually playing out an everyday role.. going to classes, joining a sorority.. exc.. ......... I want a tight knit sort of RP community where i can get to know everyone and stuff lol .. well any suggestions are helpful... Thank you guys so much! ...

Hi, Vivacious.

Ah, yes. The dreaded "break from SL." lol. I have found that even a one or two month's absence, except for brief log-ins to check messages, pay rent, etc., brings surprises.

Yes, it's sadly true that RP isn't what it used to be. Every once in a while I TP to old landmarks - they're gone!

As you are an experienced RP'er who has been on SL about as lonog as I have, much of what I have written below I'm sure you already know (and can see so by your profile).

But perhaps some of it you haven't thought of or will be of help to others.

I do RP at Eureka High School (I think you must have played hookey on days I taught classes - lol), discovering it nearly two years ago (wow! has it been that long?).

belinda-cifuentes-ehs-lecture-2015-05-01.png

And I must say, thankfully, the sim is busy enough that one can usually find people willing to engage in RP. The mod's are great and I made many a new friend there.

One way to help keep a RP community alive is to engage with newbies, whether new to that sim or to SL in general. When I joined SL six years ago I had absolutely no idea what it was about. I was just looking for a website to help create a better Yahoo! avatar of myself to look more like me in RL.

Another thing I have found is that sometimes you have to get out of your comfort zone. You may find some willing participants for a RP who don't god-mod (i won't RP with those that do) but nonetheless have certain, let's just say, "expectations" of you and leave it at that. When that happens sometimes you just have to be willing to drop your guard down a bit and go along - and perhaps make a new friend for future RPs that are more to YOUR liking.

If, as it sometimes does happen, the RP goes down a road you later wish it hadn't, rest assured it's only your SL reputation that is in the gutter for a while. :smileyembarrassed:

My preference for a RP, whether I initiate the conversation or not, is to let the RP take on a life of it's on after it begins. You'd be surprised how often a RP will take on an unexpected twist if you don't try to "mange" it.

It also helps the RP community if RPers would at least try to create some background for their character, whether incorporating aspects of RL as I do, or not.

Yes, SL's character limits in the profile and pick sections (as well as the maximum of ten picks) are sadly inadequate (one of my biggest pet peeves about SL). Fortunately, there is a solution.

Many sims (like Eureka HS) have web forums. If a sim does, encourage other players - especially those new to the sim - to join it and create at least a basic profile and link to that profile from their SL profile page, preferably from a favorite "pick" that TP's to that sim.

If you want to go further, create a blog for your SL character and post snapshots, stories, background, etc.

Use your "picks" to expand your SL profile and perhaps most importantly, set forth your RP limits. People DO read profiles and they DO look at your dislikes and likes. When other RPers do that, they have a better idea of how to interact with your character.

Use your SL profile and "picks" to link to your sim profiles or to your blog. Note that there are snapshots of you, more detailed profile information, RP limits, etc.

Yes, it's true, that some SL members might want to engage in a RP where they don't want the whole world to know what is happening. But there's an answer to that - go to a private location in the sim or elsewhere. But if you are in a place where privacy is not expected (and that by the way includes locker rooms, classrooms, etc) then you shouldn't be upset if someone else interacts with you or another RP'er in local chat. (If you don't want the RP interrupted, a short IM to the other person should suffice. If not, you have no right to complain.)

Lastly, and I know others have a difference preference, is that I conduct all RP in local chat - no exceptionsm which I state in my SL profile. Yes, that means that my RP conversations can be "overheard" by others, including often embarrassing moments that I might otherwise wish weren't.

But doesn't that happen in RL, too? If I as a teacher had a humiliating experience that occured in a RP of which all the details (i.e. "chat") was overheard by others, in RL could I honestly expect that "rumors" wouldn't be spread by my students?