Clothing issues - Unsaved changes to begin with

Ren Float

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Lately the Outfit window has been displaying "Unsaved Changes" when I put on an outfit (using Replace option). I've tried saving it, and that "fixes" it temporarily - until I take it off and put it back on again. This happens with every outfit I've tried. The ONLY outfit that doesn't have this happen is the "Newb" outfit I was given on Day One in SL. When I put that on, it says "Now wearing."

I'd pass it off as a Tuesday maintenance issue if it hadn't been going on for several days now. I also happen to know that my zone has been reset, so if there's a known bug I'd imagine the bug fix would have been applied at that time.

I've done a character test and cleared cache in both SLV and Firestorm (it doesn't seem to be a viewer problem since it happens in both... but it doesn't hurt to eliminate that possibility)

Oh.... and I've been playing what I call Strip TP also in the past few days - I'd TP and lose an article of clothing. And also Musical Clothing - I put one of those articles back on, and another is removed. I am well aware that there is an upper limit to the number of items that can be worn, but I'm nowhere near that number. I have one outfit that has hit this limit - which is how I am aware of the limit, and also how I know I'm nowhere near that.

EDIT: I just now noticed an interesting symptom. If I log off wearing an outfit that it says had "Unsaved changes", when I log back in it says "Now wearing"

EDIT 2: I failed to mention that I did clean installs of the viewers and complete network reboot. Those were among the things I didn't think would make a difference, and didn't, so I forgot to even mention them. Thank you for the link to the blog, I'll check it out.

Vulpinus - It began before I iinstalled the beta, and happens with SLV too. It's usually clothing that gets detached. So far, it's not been embarrassing :) 

3 answers to this question

This is peculiar.  I don't think I would have tried either a character test or clearing cache to fix it, since those seem unlikely to make any difference.  I agree that it doesn't sound like a viewer issue, but one way to eliminate that possibility is to do a CLEAN re-install of the viewer.  Don't simply download a new copy and install it over the one that is there.  Remove all traces of the current one, including its hidden files.  Here's how >>> https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

As I said, though, I suspect that your viewer is OK.  It sounds like a connection problem to me.  Bandwidth isn't usually an issue, because SL doesn't really require much bandwidth.  Stability is an issue, however. If you've been using a wireless Internet connect, don't.  (See https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Wifi-and-satellite-connections/ta-p/1296823 )  Also, reboot both your router and your modem by unplugging them from the power for a few minutes, plugging them back in, and restarting your computer.  If those simple steps don't help, take a look at Nalates's blog for other suggestions to test and improve your connection.

• Like 1

This is a longshot. Firestorm have just released a public beta, and it brought to my attention a bug which as far as I can see is not limited to that beta, and which has been going on for some time, and not just in Firestorm either.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-6925?

It seems that attachments and HUDs are randomly removed when tp'ing... sound familiar?

I've not seen the issue myself, and I am using the new beta. From briefly reading it, it seems very random but when you suffer from it, you really suffer from it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.