Error Message When Trying To Use DK2

Dave90210

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I heard my Oculus DK2 is compatible with the new Second Life viewer. I have an I7 processor and a GTX 960 videocard with 4 gigs of dedicated video memmory with 8 Gigs of ram. Wghen I try to connect my DK2 it tells me my video card and system is not supported, WTF! I can run any game in the world on this computer just fine but my computer isnt good enough for Second Life? Is there a setting I need to adjust to make it work?

Dave90210 wrote:

I heard my Oculus DK2 is compatible with the new Second Life viewer. I have an I7 processor and a GTX 960 videocard with 4 gigs of dedicated video memmory with 8 Gigs of ram. Wghen I try to connect my DK2 it tells me my video card and system is not supported, WTF! I can run any game in the world on this computer just fine but my computer isnt good enough for Second Life? Is there a setting I need to adjust to make it work?

The Oculus Rift project viewer is based on older viewer code that used a file called "gpu_table.txt" to determine the capabilities of your video card. The problem with this system is that newer cards won't show up on the table. You can search online for instructions on editing this file manually.

The Rift viewer is also supposed to be updated soon to code that automatically benchmarks your video card instead of looking it up in the table; all other current Linden Lab viewers already use this code.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.