Lasher Oh

Who is winning?

The spammer is ahead on points and LL don't look at the moment as if they have a knock out punch up their sleeve, just a defensive jab or two every time the spammer gets aggressive.

It looks to me  like Europe get's the worst of the spam - when America wakes up the mods jump in and dump it, which basically means that most US residents  wandering into the forums are unlikely to know much about it. Thus problem swept under carpet for another day.

^L^

LL is working 7 days/week and was also present in this forum last weekend, so that shouldn't be otherwise this weekend i think :smileyhappy:

IDK, Lasher....I come on about 6am my local in the US, by the time the mods get on in CA, I deal with the spam for about 4-5 hours :smileysurprised:  It's bad for everyone :smileysad:

Lasher Oh wrote:

It looks to me  like Europe get's the worst of the spam - when America wakes up the mods jump in and dump it, which basically means that most US residents  wandering into the forums are unlikely to know much about it. Thus problem swept under carpet for another day.

^L^

You're right Lasher, the forum is 'smashed down' most with the spam at the European morning hours :smileysad:

There was some sort of a mod on before 5am SLT. I know because I was replying to a post and when I submitted my response I got a message that the original post didn't exist - and when I viewed the thread again a couple of posts that had overtones of harassment had disappeared - within ten minutes of being posted!

We're winning!

I mean we're winning?

Boots on the ground 

there's too many buttons here. who needs all these features.

Clearly the spammer!

If you choose to vew the most recently updated posts (across all topics) these list at 20 discussions per page.  Currently, page 1 has 16 of the spammer's efforts and Page 2 has 15.

It's difficult to scroll through and find a discussion which is not spam as the current spam alt has made 84 posts, at almost exactly 3 minute intervals, since its creation.

Well, I'm on SL time and I haven't seen any of the spam. I did put the nxfgrnmhrd (whatever) on ignore last week and I've not seen a single spam thread since. And I always set my display to View All when I first log in. I looked 5 pages in. Nothing. None of the scam spam.

Untitled-1 copy.jpg

I haven't encountered any spammers in a long while. It's been a few years to be honest.

I don't even encounter trolls as much as I used to. Also Linden Lab is getting safer.

Just now, WinTrain said:

I haven't encountered any spammers in a long while. It's been a few years to be honest.

I don't even encounter trolls as much as I used to. Also Linden Lab is getting safer.

Maybe since 2011 when this thread was active?

• Like 1

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

I've reported him/her for all the necroed threads they bumped up this morning.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

The thread was active in 2011, but I still found relevance in it to be honest. 

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

Unless spamming, "Necroposting" isn't a reportable offense.

No, posting to several old threads is not spamming.

Indeed. Especially if said old threads have relevance to them.  Some of these upset users are old people and do not know the forum rules. I find it offensive they getting mad at me for just adding my opinion to a thread I found interesting. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1