Sign in to follow this  
Scarlet Quercus

Question about transferring group land ownership

I'm looking to transfer financial responsibility of group land to another, and I just want to be sure I know the proper steps.

I currently am the group owner and sole land contributor.  

Is this correct? :

-The new owner would need to hold tier for the same amount of land I'm currently contributing.

-The new owner would then need to donate that (currently unused) tier to the group.

-I would reduce my land contribution to zero

-I would transfer ownership of the group to them.

Anything I'm missing?  

If I drop my tier, will I get a refund for any unused tier if I have days left on the billing month?

If it were me, I'd take the risk of letting the group go under-tiered between the time you reduce your contribution and the other person's next billing date. Yeah, there's some chance LL will notice and make a fuss about it, and some (only theoretical?) possibility of the land going "poof" in the interim, but otherwise you and the other person will be double-paying for some interval of overlap, which just seems unnecessary at this point.

Well, the other person is not a premium member, so it's not really a problem.  They'll just start their membership and buy their tier the day before I drop my tier, so the overlap is one day, which isn't bad.  I have tenants, so I can't really risk things going *poof* ;)

Thank you everyone for the feedback.