Fullscreen mode caused FS lockup

Niagra Pfalz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Strange problem.  I changed to "Fullscreen Mode" in Pref>Graphics a couple of nights ago.  After the requisite restart, my opening page is very high resolution (?  - tiny text) and most of the buttons don't work, including log-in, quit, change alts, location, etc. Can open Avatar>Preferences, but then nothing works inside it.  The page where it opens is graphics>General with the Fullscreen Mode button checked, but I can't do anything with anything in the window.  I have to quit by doing a ctrl alt delete. (Windows 7) Did a clean reinstall fof FS but have the same problem.  Had to download SL viewer to get in world - help! Can I get into my Preferences on the Net somewhere?

2 answers to this question

While on fullscreen mode, Firestorm apparently doesn’t always recognize your monitor’s actual resolution, so you have to input it manually. Fortunately, you can do it before actually going fullscreen again (that is, you can do it while still on windowed mode), and even before logging in: just open Firestorm and, without logging yet, open the Debug Settings from the upper menu and look for “WindowWidth” and “WindowHeight”; set both manually to your screen’s resolution, then go to Preferences to enable full screen again, then relaunch the viewer. Now it should display properly, though you may still want to fiddle with Preferences > “User Interface” > “UI Scaling” to get it to look just about right for your taste.

Notice, though, that even in fullscreen mode you needn’t really go the Ctrl+Alt+Del route to close the viewer; the “X” may be gone, but the viewer’s own Ctrl+Q shortcut should work just fine and is less cumbersome :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.